Southern Air Hiring: Life on the Line

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 10 of 14
Go to
Quote: You are truly the dumbest person on this forum. The crazy part is I know you. I guess the part about Oak Hill escaped you.. but typical DB fashion
Were any of you even at Cargo 360? Always interesting to talk with the old Southern guys about what they thought Was going on at C360 prior to the merger..
Quote: I haven't read the proposal but Atlas doesn't have Home Basing so if they got all of our rules then no they wouldn't have Home Basing anymore. Business class deadheading is for international flights or a duty day that exceeds 16 hours. So no business class for commuting unless you're paying for an upgrade.
Since it’s the same work rules, will it still be 20 on 10 off?
You would probably have to ask a Sourthern pilot. It isn't 100 percent the Atlas contract. I've heard it's about 85-90% the Atlas contract with some edits by management.
Quote: You would probably have to ask a Sourthern pilot. It isn't 100 percent the Atlas contract. I've heard it's about 85-90% the Atlas contract with some edits by management.
No one outside of those directly involved with the LOA negotiations or the Executitive Board & lawyers has even seen the management offer. After it is reviewed, the pilots have to yes or no. Anything else is just speculation. Management assuming they have reached a tentative offer is woefully optimistic.
Anyone able to post the TA? Let’s see what kind of smoke and mirrors they are using, or maybe it really is a good deal?
Quote: With Southern going to Atlas work rules will Southern guys still be home based? Will Southern get business class deadheads? What about Business class for commuting? 17 day work schedules?
Southern has Home Basing on the 777. On the 737 the base is CVG, and the jumpseat options are very limited.

Atlas has Gateway (or Alternate) Travel and Bases...quite complicated, and not as good as Home/Gateway Basing.
What a surprise. Yet another Southern Air post overshadowed by all Atlas pilots who seem to know more. 🤦*♂️
Does Southern only have 10 aircraft, according to their profile? And 254 pilots? That's a huge number of pilots per aircraft, just curious.
Quote: What a surprise. Yet another Southern Air post overshadowed by all Atlas pilots who seem to know more. 🤦*♂️
You haven't realized by now the Cliff is a *********g expert on everything that has to do with aviation?
Quote: Does Southern only have 10 aircraft, according to their profile? And 254 pilots? That's a huge number of pilots per aircraft, just curious.
True. The 777 is 99% of the time flown with 3-4 pilots.
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 10 of 14
Go to