Endeavor hiring spree over!?

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to
Quote: Jules: welcome and congratulations on joining us.
No one can give you a real answer, you don’t know what aircraft you’ll be assigned or where you’ll be based.
It’s a great time to be a young pilot. Don’t expect to ‘sit’ on reserve. You’ll ‘fly’ RSV; and will hold a line soon enough..
9E reserves really aren’t flying much on FO side, at least on 900, But it’s generally a short amount of time on reserve.
Quote: 9E reserves really aren’t flying much on FO side, at least on 900, But it’s generally a short amount of time on reserve.
This is generally accurate. Reserve usage is very poor on the fo side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Quote: This is generally accurate. Reserve usage is very poor on the fo side.

At least scheduling is generally releasing guys super early on their last day. Above and beyond what contract calls for. P1s at 10 am, P2s at 4 pm, etc.
I, like many got the we're full for now email but I'm curious if anyone knows if the interviews have completely stopped?
I've heard of a lot of people given a class date that are still interviewing elsewhere so there will be I'd imagine be people not showing up for future classes.
Quote: I, like many got the we're full for now email but I'm curious if anyone knows if the interviews have completely stopped?
I've heard of a lot of people given a class date that are still interviewing elsewhere so there will be I'd imagine be people not showing up for future classes.
Unless they were already scheduled, yes all interviews have stopped.

I am about a year off from hitting my minimums.

Is there anything I could do now to make this hiring slow down work to my advantage as I am still building time?
Quote: I am about a year off from hitting my minimums.

Is there anything I could do now to make this hiring slow down work to my advantage as I am still building time?
Wouldn’t worry too much. A year from now might as well be a decade from now with how fast things are changing in the industry. Also a big part of the reason hiring has slowed down is so that sim capacity can be used for upgrade training instead of initial training. There is a large imbalance of captains to FOs here. Once that is fixed things should normalize. We are still expected to grow, and there is still lots of attrition to majors.

I do recommend you do whatever you can to fluff your resume. Unless some other regionals match our pay and some other benefits (like positive space commuting) it will continue to be quite competitive. Volunteer etc.
Quote: Unless they were already scheduled, yes all interviews have stopped.

If someone got the phone interview done a couple weeks ago and was told they'd be set up for an in-person interview, does that still hold true? Or have they stopped scheduling everything for the foreseeable future?
Quote: I am about a year off from hitting my minimums.

A year from now who knows what will be happening. Endeavor is just a hot ticket right now because if our contract and first year pay. And we have atl and someone is losing atl. Someone can roll in and top us and our classes will be empty for all I know and people will be talking that Psa or whoever isn’t hiring anymore because they are full for the next 6 months like we are now. Just keep your nose clean and check back later.
Quote: If someone got the phone interview done a couple weeks ago and was told they'd be set up for an in-person interview, does that still hold true? Or have they stopped scheduling everything for the foreseeable future?
They would've got an email but most likely it means they're in the holding pattern. The only people who are still getting interviews are people with them scheduled already, and I think even some of them far out got the 'hang tight' email. He should call and find out. My guess is he's gonna have to wait

5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to