Expectations as a Kalitta Air crew member

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Depends on how much catering is on the airplane and if they add a 5th flight attendant.
Troll Alert!
Quote: Troll Alert!
Wait, you are the troll, and I’m the sucker.
Quote: Wait, you are the troll, and I’m the sucker.
Ha, I’m not a troll. Just trying to make some career decisions and there’s something about Kalitta which really piques my interest. Probably worth an interview to explore.
Quote: Ha, I’m not a troll. Just trying to make some career decisions and there’s something about Kalitta which really piques my interest. Probably worth an interview to explore.
I’ll put in a good word for you with charters.
Quote: Suppose I’m assigned to fly CKS847. The flight goes WUH-ANC-ORD.

Is there a different crew flying WUH-ANC than the one that flies ANC-ORD? I assume yes.

How many pilots are assigned to the flight? Two?

Assuming there’s a crew swap in ANC, how long is that layover likely to be? Is the layover likely to terminate deadheading to another airplane, or by crewing a plane out of ANC?
More importantly than any of this stuff.... as a CA at K4 I expect you to show up at least semi rested, ready to work, please please leave your personal problems at home, there is no room for that crap at work in this environment. DONT come to work sick.. thats what sick leave is for.... I have no desire to spend 16 hours locked up in a tube with someone who is sick and getting the rest of us sick. STAY in the books, and be ready to fly. There are a lot of moving parts to get a 747 from point A to point B... and we as the flight crew while important are just part of the equation.... help to get it done. Rant over.

p.s. Jhugz is just busting on Lugar....
Quote: More importantly than any of this stuff.... as a CA at K4 I expect you to show up at least semi rested, ready to work, please please leave your personal problems at home, there is no room for that crap at work in this environment. DONT come to work sick.. thats what sick leave is for.... I have no desire to spend 16 hours locked up in a tube with someone who is sick and getting the rest of us sick. STAY in the books, and be ready to fly. There are a lot of moving parts to get a 747 from point A to point B... and we as the flight crew while important are just part of the equation.... help to get it done. Rant over.

p.s. Jhugz is just busting on Lugar....
Great insight, especially the part about being sick. I completely agree. Nobody wants to be near anyone who is sick and spreading germs. Having one pilot sick may be slightly problematic, but nowhere near as problematic as having the entire crew sick!
Quote: It depends. We sometimes do that route single pilot w/ a pilot swap in ANC. Otherwise our FME will come up and sit in the observer seat and we then can operate it all the way through. Once in a blue moon though we recall a couple flight engineers and mount the two observer seat sideways and we can round trip it.
That has got be the funniest thing i've read on here in long time
Thanks
Quote: That has got be the funniest thing i've read on here in long time
Thanks
^^^^^^^^ agreed
Quote: More importantly than any of this stuff.... as a CA at K4 I expect you to show up at least semi rested, ready to work, please please leave your personal problems at home, there is no room for that crap at work in this environment. DONT come to work sick.. thats what sick leave is for.... I have no desire to spend 16 hours locked up in a tube with someone who is sick and getting the rest of us sick. STAY in the books, and be ready to fly. There are a lot of moving parts to get a 747 from point A to point B... and we as the flight crew while important are just part of the equation.... help to get it done. Rant over.
Someone’s been doing CA IOE?
Quote: Suppose I’m assigned to fly CKS847. The flight goes WUH-ANC-ORD.

Is there a different crew flying WUH-ANC than the one that flies ANC-ORD? I assume yes.

How many pilots are assigned to the flight? Two?

Assuming there’s a crew swap in ANC, how long is that layover likely to be? Is the layover likely to terminate deadheading to another airplane, or by crewing a plane out of ANC?

Also, just a tid bit of info I heard regarding Emirates. It’s not commutable at all. They actually take your passport from you when you return back into base for your 1-3 days off in between trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to