"Captain Add List" - WTF?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to
While flying the line during the Easter holiday weekend, i was able to discuss my previous HI6 message regarding captain add fuel with many of you. For the past few days, no CRJ captain was listed on the company capt ADD list. Thank you so much for your cooperation and efficient management of your aircraft. Recently, two captains requested more fuel and were placed on the list. This is very unfortunate because they did not use the fuel requested. I will be in Chicago on wednesday to discuss this issue with your chief pilot in order to determine a future course of action for non-compliant flight crews. Expect more information on this issue in the near future.

Huh? What's the frequency Kenneth?
Cubicle dwellers dictating fuel loads?
Can anyone shine any light on this?

"A future course of action for non-compliant flight crews"?!!!

Because "this is very unfortunate because they didn't use the fuel requested"?!!!
LOL, whoever put that in writing is definitely not a lawyer. This will 100% get read in court if we crash a jet because it ran out of fuel.
WTF indeed!

Is the bold exactly what you had in the HI6?

So much wrong with this.
Not at Envoy, saw this secondhand.

Whoever wrote it should be made "famous".
This is like that time we got an HI6 about how we should not use the FAA visibility tables to determine the intensity of snowfall. When I read that and when I read this I thought the same thing. Someones going to get demoted.
Believe it or not who wrote that is our CRJ Fleet Manager.
Just say you needed to get more fuel since we shouldn’t use “paper alternates.”
The message subject title was "Non-Compliant Flight Crews"

(Reportedly... )
Simple solution...EVERY CA needs to add some fuel this week. Ya know, icing/snow and all, may have to hold...
Wow! What a huge liability. Disciplinary action for Captains whom want some extra fuel, unreal.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to