Notices
Flight Schools and Training Ratings, building hours, airmanship, CFI topics

US Aviation Academy Hiring Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Default US Aviation Academy Hiring Info

US Aviation Academy is centrally located in Denton, TX (KDTO) with 2 other locations, one in Fort Worth,TX (KAFW), and the other location in Sherman,TX (KGYI).

US Aviation is currently hiring CFI, CFII, and MEI.

US Aviation is partnered with Envoy Airlines. The Envoy Cadet/Pipeline program is one of the best ways to jump start your airline career.

US Aviation is currently offering:
CFI: $25/hr
CFII: $27/hr
MEI: $29/hr (must go through checkout and stands class first)
King Air CA: $35/hr
Stage check instructor: Additional $2/hr
Sign-on Bonus: $2,500
$500 relocation Allotment

If you still need either your CFII or MEI, US Aviation offers a very discounted rate.
Instructor training rate:
Instructor fee: FREE
Aircraft fee: 50%.
[This discount is contingent on signing a contract that in short says after getting the rating sought you will instruct for 750 hours dual given...which is very easy to do and still be below requirement to go to the airlines.]

If you have any questions about getting hired at US Aviation Academy or hired through the Envoy Cadet/Pipeline Program please email or call Jordan at: [email protected] // 314-265-8087

I have been an Instructor at US Aviation Academy and in the Envoy Program for about 1.5 years.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Default CFI

Do you have any detail on the King Air Captain gig? I'm assuming its just using your MEI to teach guys the KA?
Old 04-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by airborne840 View Post
Do you have any detail on the King Air Captain gig? I'm assuming its just using your MEI to teach guys the KA?
You do have to have 1500+TT and an MEI for the King Air program. US Aviation has several KA 90 aircraft and a full motion, Level C KA 90 simulator.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:23 PM
On Reserve

US Aviation also offers 30 days free of housing with permanent housing available at the Sherman, TX location.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: I fly planes

Spoke with Erica the other day, really looking forward to joining you guys sometime later this summer. Finishing CFI now and need to finish out my CFII, Multi-Commercial, and MEI before I head down since it's already paid for (GI Bill). Hope you guys are still hiring around August or so!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:00 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by FLYGUYRY View Post
Spoke with Erica the other day, really looking forward to joining you guys sometime later this summer. Finishing CFI now and need to finish out my CFII, Multi-Commercial, and MEI before I head down since it's already paid for (GI Bill). Hope you guys are still hiring around August or so!
Congrats! Yeah im pretty sure we will be hiring for a bit. If youre looking into going to the Airlines, id recommend Envoy Cadet program. I can refer you to them, ive been with envoy since somtime in 2016
Old 04-06-2018, 05:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: I fly planes

Originally Posted by JCPearce8 View Post
Congrats! Yeah im pretty sure we will be hiring for a bit. If youre looking into going to the Airlines, id recommend Envoy Cadet program. I can refer you to them, ive been with envoy since somtime in 2016

Can you join that program outside of attending one of the universities listed as a partner? I have a bachelors and now finishing up an associates in aviation. Have two prior instructors at PSA now which was one of my preferred but I don't close to the door to anything so would definitely be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

Ryan

EDIT nevermind, I see now that it doesn't have to be a university but also select flight schools. Not sure how I never noticed that before but that's pretty cool, I'll definitely reach out.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:04 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by FLYGUYRY View Post
Can you join that program outside of attending one of the universities listed as a partner? I have a bachelors and now finishing up an associates in aviation. Have two prior instructors at PSA now which was one of my preferred but I don't close to the door to anything so would definitely be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

Ryan

EDIT nevermind, I see now that it doesn't have to be a university but also select flight schools. Not sure how I never noticed that before but that's pretty cool, I'll definitely reach out.
Yeah, university doesnt matter just matters for ATP mins. Just have to instruct at an approved school..US Aviation being one. If you wanna shoot me an email or text, I can refer you and get you moving along and get you all the info you need.

Last edited by JCPearce8; 04-06-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:13 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Default Flight time and weather

How many hours you can get in a month?
And the weather conduction when is more poor condition?