Florida Commuters?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I'll throw in another piggyback and ask about the SF Bay Area/OAK. Which fleet would be the best?
Quote: I'll throw in another piggyback and ask about the SF Bay Area/OAK. Which fleet would be the best?
OAK is a pretty big city for us. The 767 does OAK, SFO and SJC. The MD11 does a ton of OAK and those trips trickle all the way down to the bottom guys on the regular. I’d say either or those.
Quote: Sorry to piggyback on this thread but I didn’t want to make a whole new one just for this. Can anyone tell me how the commute from ATL is? I know there’s plenty of flights on DL and FDX but are there tons of commuters? Has anyone had any trouble commuting to and from ATL?
ATL, DFW, DEN and JAX are probably the most in demand domestic jumpseats. It is a supply and demand problem. That said you can make it work from anywhere.
Quote: OAK is a pretty big city for us. The 767 does OAK, SFO and SJC. The MD11 does a ton of OAK and those trips trickle all the way down to the bottom guys on the regular. I’d say either or those.
With that said, seniority is everything. Go where you can be most senior the soonest, you’ll have more options in a big market like Oakland.
Thanks all. Even though the MIA/FLL area is not high on my list of places to live, are the commuting options are equal to those out of TPA?
Quote: OAK is a pretty big city for us. The 767 does OAK, SFO and SJC. The MD11 does a ton of OAK and those trips trickle all the way down to the bottom guys on the regular. I’d say either or those.
Good to know, thanks!
Quote: ATL, DFW, DEN and JAX are probably the most in demand domestic jumpseats. It is a supply and demand problem. That said you can make it work from anywhere.
...and ORF.... TLH and MOB get some pressure from Gulf Coast commuters as well.
Quote: ...and ORF.... TLH and MOB get some pressure from Gulf Coast commuters as well.
Those guys can drive.
Quote: Thanks all. Even though the MIA/FLL area is not high on my list of places to live, are the commuting options are equal to those out of TPA?
MIA/FL/PBI are usually pretty open. Never seen a full flight. Airbus and MD does that area. Plenty of options for the most part.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to