Which Midwest regional? STL/MCI?

Subscribe
Hello all,

I’m looking at jumping to a regional soon. I live between STL and MCI and would like to be able to drive to work. Either location is drivable. I was curious what regionals people would recommend since I don’t fully understand the environment. I know Trans States & Go Jet are at STL and Republic is at MCI but I’ve heard MCI is extremely senior for them. Any advice would be great! I’ve tried doing some digging but all I seem to see is doom and gloom on their respective forums so it seems tough to make a decision. Thanks y’all!
Quote: Hello all,

I’m looking at jumping to a regional soon. I live between STL and MCI and would like to be able to drive to work. Either location is drivable. I was curious what regionals people would recommend since I don’t fully understand the environment. I know Trans States & Go Jet are at STL and Republic is at MCI but I’ve heard MCI is extremely senior for them. Any advice would be great! I’ve tried doing some digging but all I seem to see is doom and gloom on their respective forums so it seems tough to make a decision. Thanks y’all!
Someone I know from flight school just got MCI out of training for Republic.
Republic has better pay for now, so if that's important go to Republic. STL has all sims and training. You'd be a line holder in STL right out of training.
Quote: Republic has better pay for now, so if that's important go to Republic. STL has all sims and training. You'd be a line holder in STL right out of training.
Republic has an STL base?
Quote: Republic has an STL base?
No they do training there but no base.
I would base my decsion on where you lived in MO. If it is the Columbia, go to a STL base. It is quite a bit closer.
GoJet and TSA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can get MCI on a vacancy bid while still in training at Republic (just happened for a March new hire in ground training). Go read the Republic “New Hire Base Drops and...” thread. Worst case you would commute to one of the big, junior bases for a month or two out of training. Best case you get MCI in training and ask crew scheduling to move you early/go there after training and they let you - has happened for multiple people.