Delta Scope Website

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: If you're surrendering because you don't think we have no leverage then fine. But their table positions are absolutely disgusting. If that's how poor our Section 1 is, then fine, that's on us, and it means we need far better lawyers on our end. It may be something that has to be taken all the way through mediation, perhaps even including a temporary PEB.
We have our basic protections in Section 1. Then there are paragraphs for AF/KLM/AZ, the Virgins, Pacific flying, and the global stuff. These aren't perfect deals but they generally give us some sort of upside participation.

What is the difference between today and when those deals were negotiated? Why can't we duplicate some sort of upside participation? What's the missing element we need now in order to protect our future careers?
A while ago, people were talking about low hanging fruit for C2019. As I learn more about scope and contemplate future arrangements with AM and Korean, I have realized that I have all the fruit I need.

With over two decades to go, I'm happy to sit in this current contract as long as it takes to lock in some favorable upside protection. My hunch is that the mean and median "years remaining" is rising fast and an increasing majority have the patience we'll need to do C2019 right.
At some point, the Section E restrictions (like the 40% max codeshare) will be a nusance and burden to the company for JVs.

I hope we can explain, convince, pursuade, and incentivize the company to work with the pilots for mutually beneficial long term success. We just want to protect our jobs and not be outsourced. We are willing to work with partners, so long as the relationship isnt lop-sided towards them. That is a reasonable position.

Obviously (and thankfully) the pilot group is aware of JVs that could be unequal growth. This is an issue that is solvable.
Quote: Obviously (and thankfully) the pilot group is aware of JVs that could be unequal growth. This is an issue that is solvable.
It is absolutely solvable at a reasonable distribution. 50/50 seems reasonable.
Quote: Fortunately, that push appears to have ended a few months ago.
Some are now working in ALPA. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to