Contracting transition

Subscribe
I am approaching 1500 total hours to get the restriction off my ATP and starting to look at cargo companies to transition from military contracting to cargo. I know I can get on with Atlas since numerous guys got picked up in my company from a different location but I am looking at K4 or Omni with UPS or FedEx being the end goal. Looking at minimum pay, Atlas would never catch up to my current pay; K4 and Omni would take over 10 years but retirement is better. I am in my low 30s, have almost all ME turboprop time and less than 200 hours 121 turbofan between military time and contracting. Has anyone else had a similar experience that can shed light on if I am wasting my time doing ME turboprop and need to bite the bullet and go to Atlas or is K4/Omni known to hire guys with low turbofan time?
Quote: I am approaching 1500 total hours to get the restriction off my ATP and starting to look at cargo companies to transition from military contracting to cargo. I know I can get on with Atlas since numerous guys got picked up in my company from a different location but I am looking at K4 or Omni with UPS or FedEx being the end goal. Looking at minimum pay, Atlas would never catch up to my current pay; K4 and Omni would take over 10 years but retirement is better. I am in my low 30s, have almost all ME turboprop time and less than 200 hours 121 turbofan between military time and contracting. Has anyone else had a similar experience that can shed light on if I am wasting my time doing ME turboprop and need to bite the bullet and go to Atlas or is K4/Omni known to hire guys with low turbofan time?
If are you are woking for who I think you work for, then its not as long as you think to catch back up at K4. I made the jump last year and will gross over 130K this year on first year FO pay. By year 3, you could be close to 160-180K without working too hard. Dont let the raw numbers fool you. PM if you want to talk more.

Quote: have almost all ME turboprop time and less than 200 hours 121 turbofan between military time and contracting.
I am a little confused by this statement. Did you get your 121 time at a regional? Military and contracting would not count as 121 time.
Quote: I am approaching 1500 total hours to get the restriction off my ATP and starting to look at cargo companies to transition from military contracting to cargo. I know I can get on with Atlas since numerous guys got picked up in my company from a different location but I am looking at K4 or Omni with UPS or FedEx being the end goal. Looking at minimum pay, Atlas would never catch up to my current pay; K4 and Omni would take over 10 years but retirement is better. I am in my low 30s, have almost all ME turboprop time and less than 200 hours 121 turbofan between military time and contracting. Has anyone else had a similar experience that can shed light on if I am wasting my time doing ME turboprop and need to bite the bullet and go to Atlas or is K4/Omni known to hire guys with low turbofan time?
About 2500 hours is probably the absolute minimum K4 will consider.
Thanks for the information on K4.

I was military then went to regionals for a short time while I was waiting on a contracting slot to open.