Latest and greatest FDX

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to
Quote: SIBA is obviously best.

A domicile with a COLA is pretty good.

Junior manning with no help would obviously be just bad.

Does anybody remember if there was an initial incentive to get folks over to Subic? Other than the tax break I mean....
I was still throwing boxes back then, but I think the first practice bids had vacancies!
Quote:
I was still throwing boxes back then, but I think the first practice bids had vacancies!

You know we don't throw boxes. We place them.

Foreign Domiciles
I'd be really careful about being a beta tester for a new intl domicile. If I remember correctly, the initial cadre of Subic pilots were promised some things that never materialized like nicer housing, good schools for the kids, and reasonable medical care--all core issues. And I don't believe they got any company guidance about tax ramafications. Kinda like buying a car in its first model year, unless you really want it be cautious and let someone else blaze the trail.
I just don't see FS spending any capital outlays for pilots. If the host government will give us some breaks, fine; "don't cost us nuthin'!'

I also don't think CDG would be as good as a witness protection plan locale as Subic currently is. There are guys that have been in Subic for a long time and more power to them.
Quote: You know we don't throw boxes. We place them.

You OBVIOUSLY weren't a "handler", like I was. I could "place" a Gateway or Dell monitor on the conveyor belt from the back of an AMJ - 12'-15' away. The sliding landings on the belt were considerably softer than any that a monitor has experienced while in the back of an MD-11 during one of MY landings!
Quote:
I could "place" a Gateway or Dell monitor on the conveyor belt from the back of an AMJ - 12'-15' away. : D The sliding landings on the belt were considerably softer than any that a monitor has experienced while in the back of an MD-11 during one of MY landings!

It's all in the slide, isn't it? I've never placed a package from the belt through the back door of the delivery truck all the way to the front of the truck. Never.

If you think landings are hard, you should go for a quick ride in a delivery truck.

Quote: It's all in the slide, isn't it? .
Amen, brutha!
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to