Does any of hire with 500 hrs?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I am a CFI/CFII with 500+ hours including about 25 multi. Looking for advice on company’s to look at for time building and those that will hire low time pilots. Are there any cargo companies or part 91 operations that would take on a low time pilot?
Part 135 VFR jobs. American Aviation would hire you tomorrow with 135VFR mins.
Quote: Does any of hire with 500 hrs?
Does any of what?
Quote: I am a CFI/CFII with 500+ hours including about 25 multi. Looking for advice on company’s to look at for time building and those that will hire low time pilots. Are there any cargo companies or part 91 operations that would take on a low time pilot?
Cape Air, I was hired with 580 hours and 15 Multi
There are plenty of places if you meet part 135 vfr minimums and are willing to move. Ive found multiple places looking for pilots. Grant Aviation, Yute, Star Marianas, American Aviation, Air America
Plenty of operators will higher at sub 500. Many of which have no representation on APC so keep a lookout at your area airports for a start
I flew pipeline inspection for 4 years and built over 6000 hour of hands on flying. Check online for some of the companies that may be near you or have pipelines near you. I flew out of Atlanta, but cover line from North Carolina to Mississippi once a week (about 3000 miles a week). The company I worked for was very good about letting me do my job and setting my own schedule. As long as everything was covered each week and the customer was happy, they were happy. I would probably still be flying for them, but the benefits were just not there. I was lucky, shortly after I left I had a minor stroke and was covered under medical and loss of license insurance with my new employer. It been a long 2 years mandatory wait for the FAA to approve me for a special issuance, but hopefully I will be back in the cockpit soon. Different companies do offer different benefits, so check out that information as well. As for my time flying pipeline inspection, I can honestly say it was one of the only jobs that I actually look forward to getting up and going to work every day.
I'm in a similar situation, CFI/CFII with 400 hours and don't want to do primary instruction. I'll probably have to pay for 100 hours in a C-152 in order to have any hope of getting on with an outfit like Cape air or Planesense.
Quote: I'm in a similar situation, CFI/CFII with 400 hours and don't want to do primary instruction. I'll probably have to pay for 100 hours in a C-152 in order to have any hope of getting on with an outfit like Cape air or Planesense.
Planesense probably won't call you back at 500 hours.
Quote: Planesense probably won't call you back at 500 hours.
Maybe I'll just have to pack my bags and move to a sunshine state and hope to get hired on with a busy part 141 school that has mentorship for rookie CFIs.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to