Flow into UPS

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Sorry to resurrect an old thread. As a recent G7 hire with no jet PIC and a goal of UPS would using the “Atlas flow” we just got at G7 be the way to go to get to UPS or would staying to rack up that pic time be better?
If you don’t have the preferred PIC minimums, you won’t get hired at the moment.... probably better to get your PIC time before you go to Atlas if that’s the route you decide on.
Quote: If you don’t have the preferred PIC minimums, you won’t get hired at the moment.... probably better to get your PIC time before you go to Atlas if that’s the route you decide on.
I agree. While a lot of people at Atlas are moving to UPS, a lot of people with degrees, clean records, PIC, etc. aren’t. There are no assurances you’ll get out after you come here, even with hiring as it is.

Also it’s easy to get frustrated. Some good company will hire you straight out of the CRJ at GoJet. All my bad career decisions have been based on a sense of frustration.
Quote: Sorry to resurrect an old thread. As a recent G7 hire with no jet PIC and a goal of UPS would using the “Atlas flow” we just got at G7 be the way to go to get to UPS or would staying to rack up that pic time be better?
I don’t think we (ups) have a ‘jet’ PIC requirement however you do need PIC time. So if you don’t meet the minimums the online application software will reject your application. At least that’s how it worked last year.
So I’m not sure how this “Atlas flow” would be helpful in your case? Maybe I’m misunderstanding your question?
I don't know how many times this question has come up in various forms, in the last few years, but the answer is the same ... get the friggin PIC first.
This is assuming that you don't have 1000 PIC. As whalesurfer said, we don't have a 'jet' PIC requirement. I only had turbo-prop PIC in 2007, but a lot of other Boeing 'jet' time.

From a news release "US-based freighter lessor Atlas Air and US regional passenger carrier GoJet Airlines have entered an agreement that guarantees GoJet pilots an interview with Atlas after one to two years of service."

If I understand this correctly, the best thing you could do is to get the PIC time before the "guaranteed Atlas interview".
How much longer after "1 to 2 years" will an upgrade at GoJet occur ?
Will Atlas only interview GoJet FOs, not Captains ?
Is it really that much longer than 2 years to Captain ?
I have no clue, but don't they hire directly into the left seat ?

The reality is you could fly a few years at GoJet, not upgrade but get the Atlas interview, and fail. Now what ?

Or get the Atlas job, then fail to get a UPS interview (no 1000 PIC). We're certainly not hiring ALL of the Atlas pilots.

Without the 1000 PIC your options are LIMITED, its really that simple.
Quote: .....Without the 1000 PIC your options are LIMITED, its really that simple.
UPS Bank.......
Quote: UPS Bank.......
What is that?
Quote: What is that?
I was wondering myself?
Like banked pilots in the AF from the 1990s?
Quote: I was wondering myself?
USB Bank ?

UPS Store ?

endless possibilities

Quote: What is that?

https://www.idiomsandslang.com/can-take-bank/
"What does the expression “you can take it to the bank” mean?

Definition: I absolutely guarantee this."

Was Agreeing w Cactus

At UPS , need 1000 PIC is fact, you can take it to the "...UPS bank"
old slang saying shortened. Am older than I thought
Will blame Fatigue
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to