Norwegian wins: DOT approval holds up

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: I actually don't know who any of those people are, but are you insinuating that they have some power over the DC court of appeals?

All this does is codify the fact that the "open skies" treaties were agreed to by the past administrations with gaping holes in them (either by design or negligence) which will allow a subversion of labor laws of both the US and/or EU and maybe even some of the safety standards.
Here are some names:

Mitch McConnell - Current Speaker of the House
Elaine Chao - Secretary of Transportation, and Mitch's wife.
James S. C. Chao - Elaine's dad, and the architect of the Flag of Convenience scheme that decimated the US maritime industry.

I'd hope that they wouldn't be able to bias the courts, but these days anything is possible, huh?. What's clear is that they have an intimate knowledge of the regulations, and an effective path around them in both the legislative and regulatory environments. Add to this the ethics concerns surrounding both McConnell and Chao on this issue and you have MAGA for US labor! or not.
Quote: And good luck to any MFs who worked for them ever getting a job here. They were warned.
Do you do the hiring? So you're opinion means exactly squat.
Quote: Do you do the hiring? So you're opinion means exactly squat.
A active pilot sits on most hiring panels at the major airlines. He may or may not have a bias.
Quote: I’m cool with either.....

And good luck to any MFs who worked for them ever getting a job here. They were warned.
Another empty threat.
Quote: Do you do the hiring? So you're opinion means exactly squat.
Nah miscreants ala JC are generally the company’s chief turd hearse drivers hoping to become a Microsoft Pilot to say the least.
Quote: A active pilot sits on most hiring panels at the major airlines. He may or may not have a bias.
Gotta tell you sailingfun... many friends and colleagues, also fellow expats, have been picked up by DAL, AA, UAL, and other major carriers.
Quote: Here are some names:

James S. C. Chao - Elaine's dad, and the architect of the Flag of Convenience scheme that decimated the US maritime industry.
Not that it changes anything about the point you're making but just a quick correction, McConnell is the Senate Majority Leader.
Another example for the long list of republicans effing labor. A pilot who votes right votes against their own self interest.

Quote: Here are some names:

I'd hope that they wouldn't be able to bias the courts, but these days anything is possible, huh?. What's clear is that they have an intimate knowledge of the regulations, and an effective path around them in both the legislative and regulatory environments. Add to this the ethics concerns surrounding both McConnell and Chao on this issue and you have MAGA for US labor! or not.
Quote: Gotta tell you sailingfun... many friends and colleagues, also fellow expats, have been picked up by DAL, AA, UAL, and other major carriers.
I’m guessing they found work stateside before getting picked up at AA.
Quote: I’m guessing they found work stateside before getting picked up at AA.
You’d be guessing wrong. Got a call, last night, from a friend at EK... Got the “Welcome Aboard Letter” from one of the BIG 3.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to