Gonna be a busy summer...

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
From CNBC:

Expect packed planes as airlines prep for busiest summer ever
Airlines for America expects a record 236.1 million people to fly between June 1 and Aug. 31.
That's an increase of 3.7 percent compared to last summer.
Rising household net worth and low airfares are helping to boost air travel.
sigh, non-reving and commuting is going to be a nightmare. I've already noticed that our planes are filled to capacity more than they have been in the last few months.
Quote: sigh, non-reving and commuting is going to be a nightmare. I've already noticed that our planes are filled to capacity more than they have been in the last few months.
20% pay increase and forfeit nonrev benefits...I’d rather make enough to pay full fare for confirmed seats for my family than watch 7 oversold flights leave without us.
Quote: 20% pay increase and forfeit nonrev benefits...I’d rather make enough to pay full fare for confirmed seats for my family than watch 7 oversold flights leave without us.

If you forfeited non rev benefits, how would commuters get to work?

and for 20%? Not even close.

At least 4 trips to Europe per year, usually with a family of 4...and first/business class on almost every flight. Plus the other small trips. The costs of that would be over $100k.
Quote: If you forfeited non rev benefits, how would commuters get to work?

At least 4 trips to Europe per year, usually with a family of 4...and first/business class on almost every flight. Plus the other small trips. The costs of that would be over $100k.
but don't you know we CHOOSE to commute.

121 outsider here. I’ve always been curious. How can you get into business or first class on an international flight?
Quote: 121 outsider here. I’ve always been curious. How can you get into business or first class on an international flight?
By listing for a flight with unsold seats in business class.
Quote: By listing for a flight with unsold seats in business class.

Yeah it’s easy. It’s space available. Although on international flights your taxes will be higher the higher class you go.
Quote: By listing for a flight with unsold seats in business class.
Nailed it...

How does that pay for groceries or college?
I think alot of us would be happy to trade non-rev benefits for an extra
$20K a year.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to