Bases / Seniority

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Also zero delays in training.
Because we have like less than 10 people per class.
Is the zero delays through training still holding true? What does the start date to IOE timeline look like right now? Also, how long would it be to get to Chicago or Houston out of IOE? I appreciate the help, thank you.
Quote: Is the zero delays through training still holding true? What does the start date to IOE timeline look like right now? Also, how long would it be to get to Chicago or Houston out of IOE? I appreciate the help, thank you.

I'm in the middle of training at XJT right now. Every student for the last couple of classes, including mine, has been assigned ORD. I'm personally hoping to bid or trade to EWR by the time I'm done at the end of July because I have family that lives there and I can sit reserve there easily. I was actually quite surprised that I didn't get EWR since it's normally pretty junior, but a lot of XJT FO's have been hired by the majors and I guess ORD needs us more than anywhere else.

There are no delays in training, unless you stat failing events and have to do them over. I started 21May and I'll finish up at the end of July if all goes according to schedule and so far it has. I was originally waiting to go with Envoy but they still haven't called me back about a training start date (interviewed in February). XJT gave me the training date of my choice right after the interview, including the ATP class.
Quote: I'm in the middle of training at XJT right now. Every student for the last couple of classes, including mine, has been assigned ORD. I'm personally hoping to bid or trade to EWR by the time I'm done at the end of July because I have family that lives there and I can sit reserve there easily. I was actually quite surprised that I didn't get EWR since it's normally pretty junior, but a lot of XJT FO's have been hired by the majors and I guess ORD needs us more than anywhere else.

There are no delays in training, unless you stat failing events and have to do them over. I started 21May and I'll finish up at the end of July if all goes according to schedule and so far it has. I was originally waiting to go with Envoy but they still haven't called me back about a training start date (interviewed in February). XJT gave me the training date of my choice right after the interview, including the ATP class.
How is the training? I've heard XJT training is the best in the regional industry, is it true?
Ya know, I’m biased, but XJT has always been known for a great training program. I’m sure there’s not an airline out there with “bad” training, but XJT has always been known for a great training facility/instructors/program.
Quote: How is the training? I've heard XJT training is the best in the regional industry, is it true?
I think if you talk to former xjt pilots now at any major you’ll find xjt training is among the best in the whole airline industry. The same would go for IT, and a number of other areas of the company. It’s just too bad the same couldn’t be said for the top down culture.
Quote: I think if you talk to former xjt pilots now at any major you’ll find xjt training is among the best in the whole airline industry. The same would go for IT, and a number of other areas of the company. It’s just too bad the same couldn’t be said for the top down culture.
I’ve pretty much heard the same.
Quote: I think if you talk to former xjt pilots now at any major you’ll find xjt training is among the best in the whole airline industry. The same would go for IT, and a number of other areas of the company. It’s just too bad the same couldn’t be said for the top down culture.
Yep. The instructors at EV are incredibly knowledgeable and experienced. And the training dept. as a whole seems to be highly valued by the company and compensated accordingly. From talking to friends across the industry, that’s not always the case.
Quote: How is the training? I've heard XJT training is the best in the regional industry, is it true?

I guess it's pretty good, as others have stated. That said, I have nothing to compare it too; I haven't flown in 16 years and my entire background is prior military.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to