Marriage and days off

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Other than vacation, does envoy provide any form of special days off for a significant occasion such as a wedding/honeymoon?
Quote: Other than vacation, does envoy provide any form of special days off for a significant occasion such as a wedding/honeymoon?
Envoy doesn’t care. They’ll tell you to get married in whatever city you’re in on that particular day. Maybe you can score a SGF layover. Branson is like Vegas for Ned Flanders.
Quote: Envoy doesn’t care. They’ll tell you to get married in whatever city you’re in on that particular day. Maybe you can score a SGF layover. Branson is like Vegas for Ned Flanders.
😵 In that case, better hope for a crew that likes to go out and not slam n click. Cause I doubt anyone will go that wedding
Quote: Other than vacation, does envoy provide any form of special days off for a significant occasion such as a wedding/honeymoon?
As far as getting paid time off, you must rely on bidding, trading and/or vacation. If you don't get the results you seek, discuss personally with your Chief Pilot. There are unpaid options as a last resort.
If (insert organization here) had wanted you to have a spouse/honeymoon, they would have issued/scheduled you for one.
I got married 6 months after starting. I made the CP aware of the situation well in advance, and he was sympathetic. He said do the best you can in bidding, and if not, he would approve an unpaid leave for it. I got a composite line and crew scheduling created my line with a lot of time off around the event. Just communicate and they'll be reasonable. But don't expect the whole month off. Just like everything, it's a negotiation.
Drop trip I guess
Call in sick if it comes to it.
Quote: Call in sick if it comes to it.
Just make sure not to use your flight benefits or you're screwed.
Laughing my ass off!!!

Noooo!!!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to