Notices
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines

Omni vs Atlas

Old 06-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
I agree with most of what you said here with regard to the structure during the interview at Atlas. I didn't feel though when I interviewed that they were arrogant or smug. I did not interview at Omni so I can't speak to that at all. But one thing stick really sticks out about what you said that I think is so totally out of bounds and off the mark is the following:

If this were true, FILE A LAWSUIT! Otherwise it is slanderous and gives you zero credibility.

Also, if you haven't read any of the legal briefs between Atlas management and the union. pipe down. The legal process is a two way street. BOTH parties are engaged and complicit participants in the proceedings. The line pilots are stuck in the middle.
YOU feel that I’m out of bounds for them asking me if my foreign carrier could validate a PRIA??? I don’t care what YOU think, want or experienced. This is MY experience with both airlines. I don’t give a s$&t if my experience isn’t what you want it to be. You must be the pleasant gentleman that asked the question. Btw, slander is spoken, libel is written. It is neither if it occurred. They asked if my employer could verify “anything” with a condescending sneer. You must be management. Sorry that your pilot group is causing you so much grief.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

I’m an Atlas pilot. Many of us flew in Africa for years. Many of us then went on to work at defense contractors, other small airlines, etc. A good many of those contractors have since gone out of business, airlines have been shuttered, etc. It’s not a big deal. Maybe someone was having an off day or was tired of trying to chase down addresses, etc.? Don’t worry about it.

I wouldn’t read too much into whatever attitude you were given at the interview. Choose the job that fits you best. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
If you get the 747, the junior base is ANC which usually requires a travel day on each end to get to and from Alaska.

You may burn a day off getting to work but ANC is Z - 8 so if you live on the West Coast, you'd hypothetically be home on a day on because all trips must end by 2359Z.

It's not a good place to work right now at all.
Says the guy who bashes anybody and everybody who doesn't bang the drum to his beat.....and yet is still in the employ of the very company he hates.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Ice-bagger

Default You need to relax!!

Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
YOU feel that I’m out of bounds for them asking me if my foreign carrier could validate a PRIA???
^^^^^^^
Not out of bounds for a mere question like the above.

Out of bounds for this:

.....because they’re not white and American
How did you derive THIS from a PRIA question?

I don’t care what YOU think, want or experienced. This is MY experience with both airlines. I don’t give a s$&t if my experience isn’t what you want it to be. You must be the pleasant gentleman that asked the question. Btw, slander is spoken, libel is written. It is neither if it occurred. They asked if my employer could verify “anything” with a condescending sneer.
My my, aren't you a quick trigger..... are your feelings hurt because you didn't get the participation ribbon?.....awwwwwwwww.

And if you want to play semantics, I can do that: Your slanderous statement although written is the equivalent of a spoken statement as a result of something that you said on a web forum. Slander also happens to be a synonym of libel which in this case would not apply because you did not have your statement published, i.e., a magazine or periodical, therefore, it would still be considered slander.

Did you get the job? If not, have you considered that perhaps demeanor and attitude is a two way street?

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
You must be management. Sorry that your pilot group is causing you so much grief
The pilot group is not the cause of the grief...it is the greedy company and union, leveraging legal tactics to delay contract implementation and spewing meaningless rhetoric. And I am not the only one that feels this way:

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
Meanwhile our union has been assessing more money for this fight? To what end? At SAI we have had this ridiculous assessment for about 3 years. To what end? What have we seen out of it? More money taken from our meager pay as it is. End result - nothing, nada, squat!

Kalitta guys knew something that the rest of the 1224 doesn't. They got a whiff of the stink. Whatever happened to Local 747?

Once again the hard working people are stuck between labor management and company management.
And, uh....no. I'm not management. If I were, I would be counting my 66mil in tahiti!

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post

I wouldn’t read too much into whatever attitude you were given at the interview. Choose the job that fits you best. Good luck.
If I were you, I'd take some of this advice. These forums aren't a very nice place and judging from your comments toward me, I can see that you are a contributor.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
The pilot group is not the cause of the grief...it is the greedy company and union, leveraging legal tactics to delay contract implementation and spewing meaningless rhetoric.
And there is the most telling statement to come out of your mouth so far.

Atlas pilots realize that we, the pilot group, ARE the union. We volunteer, we run for office, we vote, we walk picket lines, we provide support, we offer constructive criticism, and when push comes to shove, we defend the union.

The fact that you identify yourself as a part of the pilot group but not a part of the union clearly indicates why you continue to criticize union supporters and places you squarely in the company management camp. There is no in-between. It's either them or us.

You have chosen management.

Yet you live under the protection of the union and benefit from the contractual provisions fought for and won by the union but you don't consider yourself a part of the union. You are a leach.

Furthermore, you might want to consider why you feel the need to criticize virtually everyone who posts here - even those who aspire to get a job at Atlas; slamming their "credibility" when their opinion doesn't align with your vision of the world.

Try respecting other peoples opinions for a while. It'll make you much less irritated.

And try admitting that you have chosen to side with the company. It'll make your position much easier to explain.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

My demeanor and attitude have enabled me to have a successful personal life and aviation career. Asking a candidate if their current employer(that is the national airline and expanding)can even verify anything is insulting at best, bigoted at the least and racist at worst. I wasn’t flying for a defunct 135 carrier. Btw, a PRIA is a request only, and cannot be used as a basis for hiring. The question was mean spirited, as was the individual who asked it. The context was mean spirited and they knew exactly what they were insinuating. So did I. No reading between the lines was needed. Keep making excuses for the environment you’ve created and keep blaming the union for being “greedy”. You’ll be a great DFO if Soaper isn’t already grooming you for it.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:48 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

My demeanor and attitude have enabled me to have a successful personal life and aviation career. Asking a candidate if their current employer(that is the national airline and expanding)can even verify anything is insulting at best, bigoted at the least and racist at worst. I wasn’t flying for a defunct 135 carrier. Btw, a PRIA is a request only, and cannot be used as a basis for hiring. The question was mean spirited, as was the individual who asked it. The context was mean spirited and they knew exactly what they were insinuating. So did I. No reading between the lines was needed. Keep making excuses for the environment you’ve created and keep blaming the union for being “greedy”. You’ll be a great DFO if Soaper isn’t already grooming you for it.
Out of curiosity, why would a foreign carrier _ever_ respond to a PRIA request? As in, in many countries, it would be illegal for them to do so.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: CA/FO/IRO

Asking a candidate if their current employer(that is the national airline and expanding)can even verify anything is insulting at best, bigoted at the least and racist at worst.
I disagree, but I wasn't there.

Just like every NRA member a child killer, Every white person a racist, Every heterosexual a homophobic. Every man a sexist. Every Trump supporter a deplorable. Every Muslim a terrorist. If you label someone by their look or how they come across. YOU are the problem, not them.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: http://rahcontractnow.org/

insulting....bigoted......racist
I know who you voted for. You forgot to include homophobic and sexist in your rant...
Old 06-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Ice-bagger

The fact that you identify yourself as a part of the pilot group but not a part of the union clearly indicates why you continue to criticize union supporters and places you squarely in the company management camp. There is no in-between. It's either them or us.
I thought we had found middle ground upon which we could agree several posts back and in other threads but it appears as though you just keep sliding further and further toward insanity.

It isn't "them or us" as you put it. It just "IS". I can read, and what I read is disconcerting from a UNION PILOT! I'm not management, nor do I care to be, and because MY union's political position is far enough away from my core values I don't want to be in the UNION MANAGEMENT either. BUT, I do volunteer. But you know that because you are IN the union.

Yet you live under the protection of the union and benefit from the contractual provisions fought for and won by the union but you don't consider yourself a part of the union. You are a leach.
A "leach"? WRONG! ...and btw, it is "leech". If Atlas were not a closed shop and I opted out of paying dues then perhaps I could be considered a leech but because I was hired AFTER our current contract, I knew what I was BUYING, albeit with my dues and my career, BEFORE I got here. But because Atlas IS a closed shop(you can't opt out of paying dues) and I pay my FULL dues and because I volunteer, how can you call me a leech? There you go again....loosely throwing around terms to bolster emotional upport for a failed propaganda campaign.

Furthermore, you might want to consider why you feel the need to criticize virtually everyone who posts here - even those who aspire to get a job at Atlas; slamming their "credibility" when their opinion doesn't align with your vision of the world.
Why don't you take some of your own advice and stop being so critical of me! The OP said that he was a victim of discrimination....I gave him advice, and you call that critical? Whatever dude....maybe that koolaid is too strong. And just so you know....I was critical of the company too.....where was that in your diatribe?

Last edited by Davetastic; 06-11-2018 at 05:55 AM.