Question about currency.

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: You should get some time off in the middle of your 365, can you work a sweetheart deal with your squadron to get 1 flight (or even a sim?) during that time to update currency? Certainly don't want to work during that valuable home time but the update to currency could keep you flying for those last 6-7 months of pain. I was in a somewhat similar situation and my OG agreed to fly me once when I came home on my break to avoid a TX on the back side. It never happened since I ended up getting an assignment instead of the 365 but the agreement was in place. I think there might be a technical issue of flying while on leave, can't remember the exact details.
I'll be flying during my 365 so it won't be an issue at my mid tour R&R. But manning sucks, so I'm sure they're gonna need me back as an IP/EP anyway. Thanks for the back up though.
Quote: If they require FAA legal currency when you show for class, cessna time will suffice.

If the issue is "recency" on applications, ie 100 in 12 months or 200 in 24 months or whatever, then it is much better to get that time in a turbine aircraft, but they will probably be understanding of a military guy especially if you had some turbine recency and topped it off with some piston ASEL.
Thanks rickair. Yeah I'll have no recency issue as I'll still be racking up turbine IP/PIC per my deployed gig. Glad to hear that if I can do the GA thing to suffice the FAA legalities.
Quote: I had similar concerns when I retired from the AF in 2015. I was actively flying until the end of my service but then stopped flying altogether. A few months after retirement I interviewed with JetBlue, was offered a job and was put in the pool (a several month wait back then). Anyway I barely had over a 100hrs of 12 month look back when I interviewed and I knew I’d have much less than 100 hrs by the time I would start class.

So I wondered if I needed to be “current” for class or if that would be an issue but the short answer was no. They only cared / counted what I had the day I interviewed. After I was offered the job I called our pool POC and discussed with him and he told me not to worry about it. Not sure about other carriers.....

Good luck on the 365!!
Thanks for the guidance. Yeah the.info you guys are giving me and after talking to a few bros at DAL, I think I'll be OK.
Quote: Have Recency for the interview (100/12, whatever your airline of choice requests).

Once you have the cjo, recency is no longer an issue. Sit back and relax and wait for a class
Thanks Hoss. You guys have helped put my mind at ease.
Fly safe, we'll see you when you get back
Quote: Thanks rickair. Yeah I'll have no recency issue as I'll still be racking up turbine IP/PIC per my deployed gig. Glad to hear that if I can do the GA thing to suffice the FAA legalities.
All your currency legalities will be met by your initial training at the airline. One you have a job offer currency is a non issue.
Quote: Fly safe, we'll see you when you get back
Thanks man!
Quote: All your currency legalities will be met by your initial training at the airline. One you have a job offer currency is a non issue.
Rog. Thanks sailingfun. I appreciate the help.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to