PVG deadhead deviation

Subscribe
Has anyone deviated on a deadhead into pvg?

Will the ramp arrange ground transportation? Does the hotel cover it like the Hilton did?

Thanks if anyone can share info or experience with this.

K.
The ramp can help with GT and hotel arrangements (if you need an early check-in). Just give them your actual travel info and ask for what you need. The hotel takes care of the GT. Expect to have to pay for deviation GT, but it's common that they just reschedule your original (if it was just you on it) and not charge you. All charges are handled upon arrival at the hotel, so no need to pre-pay.
Thank you!
If the hotel GT doesn’t come for whatever reason, the train is easy to use in PVG. Take the MAGLEV from the airport to Longyang Rd Station and connect with Metro Line 2. Take that line to Lujiazui station. The hotel is a short walk from there.
Thanks! I wondered about the train. I think I remember seeing Line 2 goes out to the airport but the maglev sounds like something to be experienced.
I 've heard there is something called a Golden Ticket that puts you in the front seat fo the MAGLEV train.
The MAGLEV is worth taking roundtrip just for fun.
I was underwhelmed by the Maglev but worth a try if you need it and have never been on it. Whatever you do though don’t try to take a taxi from the Longyang station unless you speak fluent mandarin and even then you could get ripped off. Do as the others have suggested and stay on the metro.