Best Thing about flying

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Best thing about flying!
We all know the best thing about flying is talking about it after you land. Of course it's even better if your with your buds with suds.
the best thing about flying...............

General Aviation..........No radios, no door, no Nosewheel

Airline.....................THE PAY of course, nah.......honestly, the camaraderie, and brotherhood it forms..............like or not we spend more time with crews than our families
From Conan the Barbarian (1982):

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Gotta love flying the approaches down to minimums.
The fun guys you fly with. The ones that make the long legs seems too short. Its fun flying with someone that understands why you like flying and who likes it as much as you do. No one ever got into aviation because they were forced to, lol. Most of the pilots I've met are great guys/gals, not all but most.
OK, seriously (more serious than my last post).

I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of GA owners on account of owning one myself - through pilot forums and the like. Almost without exception, all of these pilots are good, honest people and most have a great sense of humor (or at least put up with me). Case in point: Met up with an owner in Hawaii last week that I had been trading some tech info with. He takes me and another bud for a long island tour in his plane, we land for lunch in Lanai, and then head home. Wouldn't even let us spring for Avgas!!

Like my old Squadron Commander said: "It's the people"
Great views!!
Launching prior to sunrise, Westbound in the mid 40's, watching the shadow of the earth cross over, settle on the horizon and then if your on the right heading, looking over your shoulder to watch an amazing sunrise!
Then later that afternoon, heading home, Eastbound in the 40's again, the earth's shadow rising in the Eastern sky, night time approaching, looking back and seeing a sunset that can't be put into words.
What an awesome God we serve my fellow Avfriends.
Walking out to the plane on a dreary day. Not the dreary day part but remembering to grab your sunglasses so you can put them on as you break through the top of a layer just in time to see the sun setting.
Quote: Surely you've seen the ghetto delta commercial?! Just in case...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=POouxuFPFxI

Honestly I had forgotten all about that but thanks for the link. That was one funny moFo video
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to