Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 02-04-2021, 05:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Lightbulb What we know about Breeze Airlines (LCC)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetbl...150800057.html
Old 02-05-2021, 06:29 AM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Sounds like they are planning for the Amazon Prime of airlines. And anyone who has ever tried to file a complaint at amazon knows how hard it is to get a human on the phone.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if SkyWest Inc is some sort of silent partner here, much like the role SKW played in Air Mekong many years ago. It has striking similarities. I'm also hearing that SkyWest training folks are playing a large role in getting this thing off the ground. It would be a great way for SkyWest to eventually branch out into bigger and better things as the FFD model continues to decline. We have all heard for many years how SkyWest wants to start an LCC. Sounds like they've got Neeleman setting one up for them.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

SMF-BZN and PBG-STL,those are gonna be real money makers. Probably as big as SLN-PIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-05-2021, 07:00 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
Sounds like they are planning for the Amazon Prime of airlines. And anyone who has ever tried to file a complaint at amazon knows how hard it is to get a human on the phone.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if SkyWest Inc is some sort of silent partner here, much like the role SKW played in Air Mekong many years ago. It has striking similarities. I'm also hearing that SkyWest training folks are playing a large role in getting this thing off the ground. It would be a great way for SkyWest to eventually branch out into bigger and better things as the FFD model continues to decline. We have all heard for many years how SkyWest wants to start an LCC. Sounds like they've got Neeleman setting one up for them.
Could be. For many years they did keep a lot of gates under their control, and also kept the hardware to do ticket sales in storage. They used to be a stand-alone commuter airline, and haven't forgotten that.

If UAX takes a big dump because of covid-induced scope limits, that might be the time for them to do it. They are definitely large enough, financed enough, and competent enough (especially with DN involved).

But it's a long slog... mileage loyalty keeps a lot of the market out of reach until you can chip away at other airline's loyal customers. The ULCC market is always available I suppose.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:00 AM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by Av8rPHX View Post
SMF-BZN and PBG-STL,those are gonna be real money makers. Probably as big as SLN-PIA

Allegiant already does random cities like that, and makes a killing doing it, so anything is possible.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post

Skywest would never do that. Branching out would mean kissing the big three cash cow goodbye. Their contracts with the big three limit what size of plane they can fly for competitors. Not to mention the 10 year deals they’ve inked recently.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
Skywest would never do that. Branching out would mean kissing the big three cash cow goodbye. Their contracts with the big three limit what size of plane they can fly for competitors. Not to mention the 10 year deals they’ve inked recently.
That is an issue of course, and I don't think OO would go there unless the FFD biz was fundamentally altered coming out of covid. That might happen if things are bad enough to trigger all kinds of scope limits, but not quite bad enough to file BK and get mainline scope tossed out.

Note "competitors" above. OO would probably not be restricted from operating larger planes under it's own brand. But the reality is that even if that was technically allowed it might annoy the big boys, who probably don't want to subsidize a growing LCC competitor. So their contracts would probably stay intact, but probably not get renewed.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
That is an issue of course, and I don't think OO would go there unless the FFD biz was fundamentally altered coming out of covid. That might happen if things are bad enough to trigger all kinds of scope limits, but not quite bad enough to file BK and get mainline scope tossed out.

Note "competitors" above. OO would probably not be restricted from operating larger planes under it's own brand. But the reality is that even if that was technically allowed it might annoy the big boys, who probably don't want to subsidize a growing LCC competitor. So their contracts would probably stay intact, but probably not get renewed.
DL’s scope prohibits any airline that does FFD flying for DL from having any aircraft over 76 seats in operation. That is part of the reason why republic and shuttle America were two separate airlines, republic flew 80 seat 175s for US air and 99 seat 190s for someone (I can’t remember who) while shuttle flew for DAL.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:02 PM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Originally Posted by Gone Flying View Post
DL’s scope prohibits any airline that does FFD flying for DL from having any aircraft over 76 seats in operation. That is part of the reason why republic and shuttle America were two separate airlines, republic flew 80 seat 175s for US air and 99 seat 190s for someone (I can’t remember who) while shuttle flew for DAL.

OO can always get another certificate. Like I said, they'd prefer to stick with FFD but are entirely capable of having a go at branded ops if backed into a corner.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

My neighbors mailman’s mistress told me Russ Child’s plans to buy American when they go chapter 11. The planes will rebranded into Skywest mainline colors and will say “operated by American Airlines” on the current AA fleet