Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 10-19-2021, 06:14 AM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
Rumor is the 220 is being put on the back burner for now. FAA won’t allow breeze to add it to the ops specs. Allegiant is in talks with airbus and will probably take over the breeze 220’s for now, kinda like JB did back in 2020. Breeze is going to be an east coast regional without further expansion for the foreseeable future.
(Source: margarita)
Told you....
Old 10-19-2021, 06:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by StateChamps06 View Post
Is there more of a delay for 220 arrivals than anticipated? Did the pre-recoded interview for CA qualified FO for the 220 and received an invite to interview F2F for FO 190. Maybe they changed their mind or are they holding off of 220 hires for now?
have you asked them about it?

do you have an Ejet type rating? If not, I would bet money on it that it was just a simple mistake of emails because we aren’t even hiring anyone without the type currently due to DPE availability.
if you do have the type, then they may have tried to switch you, but I don’t know why they would attempt to do that without explaining and asking.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post

do you have an Ejet type rating? If not, I would bet money on it that it was just a simple mistake of emails because we aren’t even hiring anyone without the type currently due to DPE availability.
if you do have the type, then they may have tried to switch you, but I don’t know why they would attempt to do that without explaining and asking.
That's a bummer. Is that the reason someone way back in the thread said they wouldn't be doing E-Jet types till January 2022 or something like that?

Originally Posted by coodrough568 View Post
Base seniority for both seats is as follows:

1:TPA
2:CHS
3:MSY
4:ORF

Expect ORF right away. They have plans of more bases opening. But as of this minute, those 4 are the only ones operating.
Any idea what the new bases will be? I know when they were doing proving runs they flew into FLL and MCO, are those next? The mins for the A220 are still kind of high as well, will those be reduced eventually to come more in-line with what they want for the E-Jet, or since it's a new type at a new airline the FAA is being stricter on them?
Old 10-19-2021, 06:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
Told you....
Oh snap Margaritaville is back! The Breeze expert himself.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Haven’t been able to talk to them yet. Not typed on the 190 so maybe it’s just a mixup. Not the end of the world, it just made me curious if there were issues getting the 220 or if it was something on my end that changed their mind.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:49 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
Told you....
Id say you did since he cited you as the source for the rumor…
Old 10-19-2021, 06:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
That's a bummer. Is that the reason someone way back in the thread said they wouldn't be doing E-Jet types till January 2022 or something like that?

Any idea what the new bases will be? I know when they were doing proving runs they flew into FLL and MCO, are those next? The mins for the A220 are still kind of high as well, will those be reduced eventually to come more in-line with what they want for the E-Jet, or since it's a new type at a new airline the FAA is being stricter on them?
More or less yes, the issue was we switched from FSI to CAE and CAE from my understanding does not have an Ejet pt142 training program, so they couldn’t do type rating checkrides. Breeze does not have an In house DPE yet so we have to use the FAA which did not have the availability until after new year.

As for A220 mins, they may come down some, but I would expect them to still be higher than the Ejet. With the route structure I believe they are targeting with the A220, they will want people who has more experience than just flying regional jets domestically or local “international” flying.

As for new bases, that is still being kept secret. I’m expecting at least one new base for Q1 for the Ejet and if I had to bet, it will be a city we are already serving. The A220 will likely fly proving runs between our existing bases and or destinations since most of those places have the 220 support structure already in place. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a dedicated a220 base announced in Q1 or Q2 as well... but honestly, nobody on the line truly knows where bases will be.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:20 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by Naviator View Post
i have never worked with a happier more friendly group of people. I’m new and it’s kind of weird, in a nice way, how genuinely happy and friendly everyone is. I’m very glad I made the move.
I will give them that, definitely a really nice group of people for sure.. glad you're enjoying it
Old 10-19-2021, 07:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

More or less yes, the issue was we switched from FSI to CAE and CAE from my understanding does not have an Ejet pt142 training program, so they couldn’t do type rating checkrides. Breeze does not have an In house DPE yet so we have to use the FAA which did not have the availability until after new year.

As for A220 mins, they may come down some, but I would expect them to still be higher than the Ejet. With the route structure I believe they are targeting with the A220, they will want people who has more experience than just flying regional jets domestically or local “international” flying.

As for new bases, that is still being kept secret. I’m expecting at least one new base for Q1 for the Ejet and if I had to bet, it will be a city we are already serving. The A220 will likely fly proving runs between our existing bases and or destinations since most of those places have the 220 support structure already in place. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a dedicated a220 base announced in Q1 or Q2 as well... but honestly, nobody on the line truly knows where bases will be.
Fair enough. I guess time will tell then, seems like they're still going through a lot of the start-up growing pains.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Didn’t realize Breeze was planning on doing some deep international flying with their 220s. Where are they planning on flying them?