Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 04-26-2022, 11:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by AR1978 View Post
So why does Breeze not fly on Tuesday and Wednesday (and possibly Saturday) for the E190/195? Also, does that mean that you mostly fly on the weekends?
Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
Those days are the off peak travel days generally speaking. Tampa had Saturday flying from very early on in the operation but the other bases didn't. It wasn't until PBI started that the other 3 bases started getting Saturday Flying. Additionally, Wednesday Flying has begun to trickle into the system as well. What has prevented an expansion on those days is we were not staffed to fly 7 days a week. So until then, I would expect the Wednesday/Saturday flying to still be rather limited.

Ok, thank you for answering all the questions.

I verified with Breeze they do have a contract with Delta, so I'd be able to commute from Atlanta. From reading on here Charleston is where the new hires are going as well and there are tons of flights with Delta there and back every day. Got a couple of more questions as I build up my Breeze knowledge. I searched through the thread with keywords but did not see any answers. I have a cjo with Endeavor Air since they based in Atlanta, but am very interested in Breeze for a variety of reasons.

1. In a given week that is reduced to 5 days, how many of those days would I typically work? Rather than the total days off a month.

2. In general what is the first and last go of the day? I'm seeing the first flight from ATL to CHS arrives at 9:41am (tomorrow as an example), so could I commute in the morning off and then do a day turn. If not I don't have a problem flying in the night before.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:08 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

I have a cjo with Endeavor Air since they based in Atlanta, but am very interested in Breeze for a variety of reasons.
No offense/nothing personal, but this says it all. Hope you get what you want ...
Old 04-26-2022, 01:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

I verified with Breeze they do have a contract with Delta, so I'd be able to commute from Atlanta. From reading on here Charleston is where the new hires are going as well and there are tons of flights with Delta there and back every day. Got a couple of more questions as I build up my Breeze knowledge. I searched through the thread with keywords but did not see any answers. I have a cjo with Endeavor Air since they based in Atlanta, but am very interested in Breeze for a variety of reasons.

1. In a given week that is reduced to 5 days, how many of those days would I typically work? Rather than the total days off a month.

2. In general what is the first and last go of the day? I'm seeing the first flight from ATL to CHS arrives at 9:41am (tomorrow as an example), so could I commute in the morning off and then do a day turn. If not I don't have a problem flying in the night before.
Jump seating out of ATL on Delta will not be a ‘breeze’ — pun intended.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one

Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
JS out of Atlanta even for DAL pilots can be challenging. Good thing is DAL can fill available empty seats with multiple off line JS’s, bad is there aren’t that many most of the time
Old 04-26-2022, 02:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

I've commuted almost all of my career. Unless you plan on moving into base with Breeze, it would be extremely foolish (I would use another word but I'm trying to be diplomatic) to not take Endeavor's job offer.

Here's what I recommend you do. Just for shats and giggles, jumpseat to CHS on your days off. See how you like it. Not just a couple of times. Do it a minimum of half a dozen times in a single month.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I've commuted almost all of my career. Unless you plan on moving into base with Breeze, it would be extremely foolish (I would use another word but I'm trying to be diplomatic) to not take Endeavor's job offer.

Here's what I recommend you do. Just for shats and giggles, jumpseat to CHS on your days off. See how you like it. Not just a couple of times. Do it a minimum of half a dozen times in a single month.
And then try it over a holiday weekend at least once.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:36 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Then try it with and without candy for the gate agent
Old 04-26-2022, 06:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL View Post
JS out of Atlanta even for DAL pilots can be challenging. Good thing is DAL can fill available empty seats with multiple off line JS’s, bad is there aren’t that many most of the time
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Then try it with and without candy for the gate agent
Ok I believe you guys.

Last question before I call it a day and go to Endeavor…would just simply driving from Atlanta to Charleston work? I still don’t know how many of the days b/w Thursday to Monday I’d actually be working. It sounds like it would be a random days and not like a 2 or 3 days in a row where driving/commuting could work.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Ok I believe you guys.

Last question before I call it a day and go to Endeavor…would just simply driving from Atlanta to Charleston work? I still don’t know how many of the days b/w Thursday to Monday I’d actually be working. It sounds like it would be a random days and not like a 2 or 3 days in a row where driving/commuting could work.
The schedules were sporadic when I was in CHS. Lots of single days with a day off between or 2-3 days with a day of between. Commuting was rough. Would stay on the road for weeks at a time with that schedule. Reserve was slightly better but not by much with only 11 off.

Go to EDV.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:56 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Ok I believe you guys.

Was at Breeze for a bit, I would NOT pass up Endevour. Even a super easy commute sucks, doing it at Breeze is downright miserable.