[Breeze] Airways

Subscribe
186  236  276  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  296  336  386 
Page 286 of 486
Go to
I wake up to hear news of Provo opening up as a dual base this morning
Breeze direct entry captains
Hello guys, does anyone knows what is the common flying base for a new Captain on A220?
Quote: Hello guys, does anyone knows what is the common flying base for a new Captain on A220?
With the plane not flying yet, it’s hard to gauge. However, the current bases are BDL, ORF, CHS and TPA… with the TPA and CHS bases showing the most popular. But I would plan on a lot of movement once the plane gets rolling. I can’t promise where you will end up but I think it’s fair to say that you could be where you wanted relatively soon as a DEC. Good luck!
Quote: I wake up to hear news of Provo opening up as a dual base this morning
That would be awesome and it would make sense. Provo is just down the road from SLC. I think I read that Allegiant will be basing some Airbuses there this summer too.
Quote: Ok I believe you guys.

Last question before I call it a day and go to Endeavor…would just simply driving from Atlanta to Charleston work? I still don’t know how many of the days b/w Thursday to Monday I’d actually be working. It sounds like it would be a random days and not like a 2 or 3 days in a row where driving/commuting could work.
lots of naysayers here. I commute 4 times as far as you would and I make it work. It’s not ideal but it works. And it’s not forever. Things are changing a lot here. I know a guy who commuted from ATL when he first started. He drove. Then he was so happy here he convinced his family to move to CHS and it’s better.

schedule wise on Reserve you’ll prob have every Tuesday and Wednesday off. Maybe a couple other days. But reserve will be short. Think weeks not months. Once you line bid, it’s PBS so the more senior you get the better your schedule will be.

I say go Breeze. More money, better planes, better future.
Quote: lots of naysayers here. I commute 4 times as far as you would and I make it work. It’s not ideal but it works. And it’s not forever. Things are changing a lot here. I know a guy who commuted from ATL when he first started. He drove. Then he was so happy here he convinced his family to move to CHS and it’s better.

schedule wise on Reserve you’ll prob have every Tuesday and Wednesday off. Maybe a couple other days. But reserve will be short. Think weeks not months. Once you line bid, it’s PBS so the more senior you get the better your schedule will be.

Quote: Ok I believe you guys.

Last question before I call it a day and go to Endeavor…would just simply driving from Atlanta to Charleston work? I still don’t know how many of the days b/w Thursday to Monday I’d actually be working. It sounds like it would be a random days and not like a 2 or 3 days in a row where driving/commuting could work.

Thank you. Just out of curiosity, what time is the first go of the day usually and/or the last go?
Quote: Thank you. Just out of curiosity, what time is the first go of the day usually and/or the last go?
it’s been 6:30 or 7:00 first flight most days and 22:55 last CHS flight arrival. But things change and it’s not that everyday.
Quote: That would be awesome and it would make sense. Provo is just down the road from SLC. I think I read that Allegiant will be basing some Airbuses there this summer too.
it looks like Allegiant has bought all 5 gates… breeze may have to wait for the terminal expansion
Quote: lots of naysayers here. I commute 4 times as far as you would and I make it work. It’s not ideal but it works. And it’s not forever. Things are changing a lot here. I know a guy who commuted from ATL when he first started. He drove. Then he was so happy here he convinced his family to move to CHS and it’s better.

knowing said pilot, the day he showed up in CHS was the day TPa was announced as closing… why don’t you ask him how that made him feel?

From my conversations with him, it didn’t sound like he moved because he was so happy here but rather he didn’t like the amount of time spending away from family while commuting.
Quote: knowing said pilot, the day he showed up in CHS was the day TPa was announced as closing… why don’t you ask him how that made him feel?

From my conversations with him, it didn’t sound like he moved because he was so happy here but rather he didn’t like the amount of time spending away from family while commuting.
must be a different pilot as I’ve been flying with him in CHS long before the announcement was made to switch TPA to all A220 flying.
186  236  276  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  296  336  386 
Page 286 of 486
Go to