Search
Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 07:16 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Parma3980 View Post
Can i get the insight from those already at Breeze how it is. How is the training, the airbus ect. I live in Tampa so I want to know the likely hood that I could be Tampa based of if not immediately how soon. Is it easy to ride the company to work. What about amount of flight time. And pay credit per month? Can you make money, overtime thanks.
any info will help
Good thing there wasn’t a spelling or grammar test for that job eh?
Old 05-09-2022, 07:40 AM
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by GrammerPolice View Post
Good thing there wasn’t a spelling or grammar test for that job eh?
I think Canadian grammar requires a "," before the "eh".
Old 05-09-2022, 10:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Can i get the insight from those already at Breeze how it is. How is the training, the airbus ect. I live in Tampa so I want to know the likely hood that I could be Tampa based of if not immediately how soon. Is it easy to ride the company to work. What about amount of flight time. And pay credit per month? Can you make money, overtime thanks.
any info will help
The 220 did it’s first proving run today, it’s not even operational yet. So not many people could give too much insight to how it will play out. If the company continues to grow like they want, you could hold TPA relatively soon, like within a year maybe. You could also get it right out of training, and then be displaced out to another base later when the E195 pilots start transitioning over. That’s such a small, blurry, moving target it’s impossible to tell you. I would assume out of TPA, you could ride Breeze to another base pretty easily. Base your life on min guarantee. There is actually a lot of overtime on the E195, I would bet there will be some on the 220 as well with the growth that the company plans. It’s almost too easy to credit 125+ hours a month right now on the 195. Don’t plan your finances on that. Plan on min guarantee. You’ll be awarded 80-84 as a line holder.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:14 PM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
I think Canadian grammar requires a "," before the "eh".
And a Zed at the end of the alphabet, eh?
Old 05-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

any info will help
Just out of curiosity what kind of flight time do you have?
Old 05-09-2022, 09:13 PM
Line holder

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
And a Zed at the end of the alphabet, eh?
There is no zee in the ABC (before we even start on his handle being " GrammerPolice")
Old 05-10-2022, 04:39 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2022

any info will help
The airplane is very cool. They did a good job making it. The training is very gentlemanly as in straightforward and fair. Being a startup, the first year or so is going to be very up in the air, but with the current growth plans Tampa should be a reality fairly soon. There’s no way to know until we start seeing movement. Obviously riding on your own metal is an option however keep in mind the business model here doesn’t have daily flights on most routes at the moment. If you’re referring to flight time in reference to what you need to get hired, most DECs are 10,000+ hours. I’m not sure what the time requirements will be when they start hiring CQFOs and FOs. Current hourly rate on the 220 is 167, with a 70 hour guarantee that is paid during training. Making money is a matter of perspective to what you’re used and your financial needs, but as someone alluded to, budget on guarantee, but you could definitely expect to be busy that first year or so. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2022, 05:58 PM
Happy Boeing Driver

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Thanks for the intel

Sorry about the spelling I typed it in a hurry and I suck at typing. 15,000+ hours 30years 121 airline experience. Mostly wide body.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:59 PM
Line holder

Sorry about the spelling I typed it in a hurry and I suck at typing. 15,000+ hours 30years 121 airline experience. Mostly wide body.
No offence (I took the first and only call and still at NK 9 years later), isn't there better options with your experience??
Old 05-10-2022, 09:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
No offence (I took the first and only call and still at NK 9 years later), isn't there better options with your experience??
Where? Other than FedEx/UPS, where? Go sit on the bottom of a reserve list below 14,000 pilots younger than him for $90/ph? Or worse NK/F9 for ~$60?