Search
Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 04:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by CG1219 View Post
Does anyone know how likely it would be to get PVU out of training and which fleet would give me the best chance? Also what is the chance of getting the 220 now that they are saying you bid for fleet type in class?
Breeze is getting some old Saab 340’s out of the desert for their PVU base.

unit cost is really low on those things right now.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by CG1219 View Post
Does anyone know how likely it would be to get PVU out of training and which fleet would give me the best chance? Also what is the chance of getting the 220 now that they are saying you bid for fleet type in class?
correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t breeze only have 1 (one) Bombardiairbus cs100/airbus220 in operation right now?

if so…. I’m guessing you’ll be on the ERJ if you join the breezyboi ranks.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Does anyone with insider knowledge know of plans to add new bases?
Old 06-21-2022, 06:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Has Breeze management considered taking a radical approach? Like maybe increase pay and provide industry standard work rules?
Pay can't be increased until the ALPA vote is over but you can bet there will be a significant increase as long as the union isn't voted in. If they are voted in, expect years of back and forth negotiation while pay remains frozen where it is today.

There are times when a union is necessary, this however, is not it.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:06 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by CLE to IAH View Post
correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t breeze only have 1 (one) Bombardiairbus cs100/airbus220 in operation right now?

if so…. I’m guessing you’ll be on the ERJ if you join the breezyboi ranks.
Currently 6 on property with number 7 arriving soon
Old 06-21-2022, 06:09 PM
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by AF2AL View Post
Pay can't be increased until the ALPA vote is over but you can bet there will be a significant increase as long as the union isn't voted in. If they are voted in, expect years of back and forth negotiation while pay remains frozen where it is today.

That's cute. They are hiring Australians to avoid paying you. Try again.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Breeze doesn’t have the luxury of drawn out negotiations. They will negotiate in record time just like the union drive was. If pilots didn’t have the leverage they have now, breeze would undoubtedly be paying breezybois less than regionals. Breeze isn’t going to raise the pay unless they have to and right now they’re getting ppl through the door no problem. They’re counting on an economic down turn to happen so they can have the upper hand again. WAKE UP man!
Old 06-21-2022, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

If pay and work rules stay where they are the airlines lifespan is probably measured in months not years.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Let me guess, you’ve really fell for that anti-union campaign spill from David and the rest of management? They told you how you should just “give them another year to make things right”? There won’t be years of back and forth. They can’t afford it. They know that. Worst case scenario is this place sinks or they propose a sell out to another company; you better hope you have union protection if that happens. You have nothing to lose. Why would management push so hard against a union? Because they want to drag out your low pay and no work rules as close to that IPO date as possible. Get your head out of the sandbox
Old 06-21-2022, 10:07 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by fastneat View Post
Not true.

My class still has 90% of us still here, and we started last summer.

Other classes around that time? Maybe 30-40% attrition.

Sorry for interrupting this fascinating and compelling discussion, but I have a question for any of you who are familiar with the hiring process. About a month ago, I completed my on-demand interview and submitted my logbook. I'm not sure if they were too busy to respond, or if I was simply cut off without a TBNT. Is this the norm?
Thanks!