Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 07-01-2022, 09:28 AM
Kabuki Kool

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: fu3king.airline@Furlough. DNA

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
This is what remains to be seen, I think. We haven't gotten to the Build Back Better food prices quite yet. Fall will tell the story of if people will continue to be able to afford travel or not. The last of the covid savings/stimulous are being spent this summer. Layoffs in other industries have already started, and last I read Q2 will also show a decline in GDP meaning we are officially in a recession already. We'll find out by January how much of a pilot shortage there is. At least it might give training a chance to catch up. If they get what they're hoping for like you said, we'll be in for another lost decade.
The lost decade had a massive amount of surplus military pilots, not anymore. The number of civilian pilots trained today are significantly less than just prior to 2001. The internet was a dirt road then. Through media we have effectively driven more talented prospective students to other careers. This recession needs to be a depression on an apocalyptic scale to have the surplus of pilots, that dirt bag airline managements love to prey on.

Nuclear saturation of western Europe is what management needs and prays for. Anything short of that won’t move the needle as it relates to the shortage of pilots.

Last edited by FreshWater; 07-01-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by FreshWater View Post
The lost decade had a massive amount of surplus military pilots, not anymore. The number of civilian pilots trained today are significantly less than just prior to 2001. The internet was a dirt road then. Through media we have effectively driven more talented prospective students to other careers. This recession needs to be a depression on an apocalyptic scale to have the surplus of pilots, that dirt bag airline managements love to prey on.

Nuclear saturation of western Europe is what management needs and prays for. Anything short of that won’t move the needle as it relates to the shortage of pilots.
Yeah, I mean I think if Western Europe got nuked, airlines would be the least of anyone's concerns. The way it's looking now, Western Europe is going to end up negotiating whatever needs to happen for their gas to be turned back on for the winter, otherwise they'll freeze. His Fraudulency, however, is probably not going to let Hunter's war be lost so easily, so that might get interesting. Beyond that, yeah, hopefully the shortfall is enough where hiring and movement continues during the downturn, but just look at the absolute insanity of the last two years over a respiratory virus with a greater than 99% survival rate. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
Breeze was trying (not very hard) to keep cheap labor until IPO at least. They’ve already had over a year. And now they want one more. It’s not gonna happen. Time is up.
When the pilot committee approached management in January about their concerns (mainly pay and attrition), their response was “we’ll shut the airline down if we run out of pilots, until we hire and train more”. Basically we’ll just hire all new pilots before increasing pay and benefits. Now they are dragging the brand through the mud and can’t capitalize on one of the biggest traveling boom’s we’ve ever seen. They’ve lost millions in charters alone because they can’t staff the airplanes. ALPA will likely get voted in and breeze doesn’t have the luxury of drawn out negotiations. Hopefully things get figured out quickly because the airline has a lot of potential.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Got a buddy that said all his trips for the rest of July have been canceled?

and crew scheduling isn’t answering anymore. Anyone know what is going on?
Old 07-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Halon1211 View Post
Got a buddy that said all his trips for the rest of July have been canceled?

and crew scheduling isn’t answering anymore. Anyone know what is going on?
Maybe they’re using the bathroom dude, try em again.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
So with all the cancelations, the company has decided to cancel pairings and put all the pilots on reserve for a 12 hour RAP instead of the pairing footprint.

additionally, they have junior manned people into additional flying by combining remaining flying and aren’t paying anything extra for it in the form of critical pay or even junior manning pay.

Meanwhile CHS crews are being offered critical pay trips at 300% to do flying that the TPA base should have been doing while the rest of the pilots make straight pay while their entire schedules get crapped on.
Breeze leadership needs to get their heads out of their as*es before this ship sinks completely. Insane.
Old 07-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by hotmicoffNOW View Post
So you weren’t hired in the summer. Thanks for playing. Next.
Thanks for having me... We've been here even longer than just last summer. Thank you for making my point . 8 out of 9 of us. 👍
Old 07-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by fastneat View Post
Thanks for having me... We've been here even longer than just last summer. Thank you for making my point . 8 out of 9 of us. 👍
Idk what this whole #metoo movement thing you’re trying to accomplish here is by including yourself in a data point that has nothing to do with your class, but I stated summer hires… who were are all FO’s… which the company has consistently struggled to retain…

Die on this hill if you want to mate. Cheers, as they say in Australia.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Data Point: we were all FOs last summer too. Cheers! 🍻
Old 07-03-2022, 10:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: Autobús

I heard Breeze has some of its pilots sitting in hotels TDY with rental cars and Neeleman is calling them telling them they are getting airbuses and not to leave the airline. Any truth to this?