Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 09-08-2022, 09:49 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Anyone flying for breeze know what the schedules look like? Do trips start in the afternoon and end early enough to catch a flight back home? For me the pay and not knowing the schedules is what’s holding me back. I did see they’re offering $2k mo on top of pay for commuting expenses and whatever else.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2022

2 pilots have told me in the last two weeks that Breeze guaranteed them MSY base out of training. Neither of them follow this forum. I have read every post from the beginning. IIRC Breeze shrunk MSY to 1 plane and a few crews to cover. I told them Breeze straight up lied. So… did they or was I mistaken?
Old 09-08-2022, 07:52 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

You read this whole thread?
Old 09-08-2022, 08:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
You should print wild ride this thread had been this on paperback. Title it “from rags to rags: the Neeleman story”

NYT bestseller
Old 09-09-2022, 08:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2022

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Lol not all at once, but I’ve been following it from the very beginning. So yeah I’ve read the whole thing.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by gomissedagain View Post
2 pilots have told me in the last two weeks that Breeze guaranteed them MSY base out of training. Neither of them follow this forum. I have read every post from the beginning. IIRC Breeze shrunk MSY to 1 plane and a few crews to cover. I told them Breeze straight up lied. So… did they or was I mistaken?
Every base shrunk when the charter operation came on board. We are only using the 195’s for pax service. We don’t have as many of those airframes. The flying also shrank due to staffing issues, and back in June when they finally decided to right size the operation and stop having to cancel so many flights. Block times are increasing again going into the fall. And you can probably have MSY in training. But we have staffed that base pretty well for the fall (keep in mind we have 12CA/12FO for MSY, but only a handful are out of training and actively flying right now today).
Old 09-10-2022, 04:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: Deployed Reservist

It looks like we have an actual Breeze person here. What's going on with Norfolk? Which type ERJ is based there? I live in Norfolk. I am on a reserve deployment now, but will be available this coming summer. Will there be an opening in Norfolk then?
Old 09-10-2022, 04:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Learjet FO View Post
It looks like we have an actual Breeze person here. What's going on with Norfolk? Which type ERJ is based there? I live in Norfolk. I am on a reserve deployment now, but will be available this coming summer. Will there be an opening in Norfolk then?
ORF has suffered mainly because of staffing. Originally, very few of the pilots based there actually WANTED the base. It ended up only being 3 senior CA’s, and a string of new hire FO’s who would bid out, or quit all together, really soon. It was hit the hardest with the flight cuts this fall. October bid shows 11 CA and 7 FO, but the pairings aren’t being built back in as much as they are in other bases yet. I can’t say if the block hours will be built, cut, or remain the same going later into the fall because I can’t find the email with block hour projections for all of the bases.

Management did say they anticipate the possibility of doing some type of TDY for ORF pilots down to South Florida. Such as they will fly in ORF when the demand is there, but during travel down turn months, go down to south Florida and fly there. I don’t know how that would work, and I think it was just a verbalized brainstorm by Neeleman. If we can get staffing right, we could just have pilots in each base and not need to do that.

Right now, I know the 195 will be doing passenger service, and I THINK that the 190 will be based there to do some charters. I also believe at one point the 220 was said to be based there eventually, but it is not right now.

ORF is historically junior, the top 3 captains are senior, everyone below them is a direct entry, and the FO’s are all very junior. There will be a spot available for you as long as the base stays open.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2022
Default Base Assignment?

Hello, I was curious if anyone had any knowledge about getting a BDL base out of training?
Is it more junior? It looks to be an A220 base, has equipment assignment been more ejet/airbus?
Thanks a lot all, excited to join!
Old 09-12-2022, 01:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Default Pvu base info.

Hello just wondering about the new Pvu base. How senior is it for capt and f.o. and how big on the 190 side and a220 side? Also is there still seat locks on 195 vs A220. Thanks for any info.