Search
Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 01:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by mkitrn View Post
I think the greatest thing to happen to breeze would be a recession with slowing of hiring/furloughs at the legacies.
Or he could pay market rates and establish industry standard work rules. Sadly however his success has always been based on enriching himself with labor paying for it. Hard for a Leopard to change his spots.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Few questions I didn’t see pop up in the last few pages…

Do new hires get assigned A220? (Live close to TPA) So I guess Breeze could either be awesome or really not that great if having to commute.

If commuting are you allowed to jump seat on other airlines to get there or are you supposed to buy your tickets with the commuting bonus money?

Training is traditional or AQP?

TIA
Old 10-15-2022, 05:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by planejoe View Post
Few questions I didn’t see pop up in the last few pages…

Do new hires get assigned A220? (Live close to TPA) So I guess Breeze could either be awesome or really not that great if having to commute.

If commuting are you allowed to jump seat on other airlines to get there or are you supposed to buy your tickets with the commuting bonus money?

Training is traditional or AQP?

TIA
Traditional training. New hires get the A220. We have jumpseat agreements, no need to spend money to get to base.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by shortspatula View Post
Traditional training. New hires get the A220. We have jumpseat agreements, no need to spend money to get to base.

Thanks, is TPA senior/junior if assigned the A220? How long to hold it if senior?
Old 10-15-2022, 06:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
Hahah, yes it did. In his defense, I still don’t understand how the company was able to raise the pay without union input. I assume it’s because we don’t have a CBA. I’m not mad at those rates, within a few bux of F9/Nk is a good starting point for when we have some elected representation.
Company can make any unilateral changes they want to. Status quo doesn't apply since you aren't working under a current CBA,,, until you hit them with notice to bargain. Status Quo begins then
Old 10-15-2022, 08:00 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by Triggs View Post
until you hit them with notice to bargain. Status Quo begins then
Old 10-16-2022, 02:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: TBD

I ask a similar question about a year ago before the pay was corrected. I live an hour from New Orleans, MSY, and like the idea of being home while my daughter is still at home for a few more years. How easy is New Orleans to hold on the ejet as a FO. Also, my understanding is that a person would be home most every night on a normal schedule.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:51 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Breeze is a great opportunity and the people there are very nice from my interactions. For anyone currently flying there can a new hire DEC hold charter home basing?
Old 10-17-2022, 03:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by loganeich View Post
I ask a similar question about a year ago before the pay was corrected. I live an hour from New Orleans, MSY, and like the idea of being home while my daughter is still at home for a few more years. How easy is New Orleans to hold on the ejet as a FO. Also, my understanding is that a person would be home most every night on a normal schedule.
You can most likely hold MSY as a new hire FO, or within 2-3 months at worst.

Originally Posted by Fishon320 View Post
Breeze is a great opportunity and the people there are very nice from my interactions. For anyone currently flying there can a new hire DEC hold charter home basing?
The people at Breeze are what make it so great. Charter was supposed to be set up to attract senior guys who had experience with the irregular ops, then in reality they made it where no one senior would really want to do it. The Captain list is relatively senior until you reach the bottom quarter, then it starts to get junior. I’m not sure you could hold it anymore as a DEC, it could potentially take a few months to hold it. But that’s all a guess
Old 10-17-2022, 04:06 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
You can most likely hold MSY as a new hire FO, or within 2-3 months at worst.

The people at Breeze are what make it so great. Charter was supposed to be set up to attract senior guys who had experience with the irregular ops, then in reality they made it where no one senior would really want to do it. The Captain list is relatively senior until you reach the bottom quarter, then it starts to get junior. I’m not sure you could hold it anymore as a DEC, it could potentially take a few months to hold it. But that’s all a guess

I was curious, as I have small kids and at home and will commute until the base structure is solid. (Hoping for a Michigan, south bend base). In mean time as a junior DEC, can you easily drop, trade days? Can you just drop and take the pay hit to be home? I think this place is going to be amazing, just don’t want to leave my kids parentless for a few years is my only concern at this point.