Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 10-17-2022, 10:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Fishon320 View Post
I was curious, as I have small kids and at home and will commute until the base structure is solid. (Hoping for a Michigan, south bend base). In mean time as a junior DEC, can you easily drop, trade days? Can you just drop and take the pay hit to be home? I think this place is going to be amazing, just don’t want to leave my kids parentless for a few years is my only concern at this point.
As a DEC you’ll be at the mercy of the company. I haven’t heard of dropping flying, that’s why they’re hiring DECs because they’re short. You’ll be on reserve with 12 days off at least for a few months. Also possibly being bumped down as senior FOs upgrade over you. You’ll be with your family about 2 nights a week unless you move to base, that’s the reality of our flying. There’s charter home basing but it looks like you could be gone up to 8 days in a row.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:39 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Originally Posted by shortspatula View Post
As a DEC you’ll be at the mercy of the company. I haven’t heard of dropping flying, that’s why they’re hiring DECs because they’re short. You’ll be on reserve with 12 days off at least for a few months. Also possibly being bumped down as senior FOs upgrade over you. You’ll be with your family about 2 nights a week unless you move to base, that’s the reality of our flying. There’s charter home basing but it looks like you could be gone up to 8 days in a row.
Well that is good to know. I was under the impression that downgrade unlikely due to aircraft growth and over to 220 captain as soon as the seat lock was done unless the operation hit hard times. This is very good intel and prob a game changer for me.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:45 AM
On Reserve

Well that is good to know. I was under the impression that downgrade unlikely due to aircraft growth and over to 220 captain as soon as the seat lock was done unless the operation hit hard times. This is very good intel and prob a game changer for me.
I wish i would have been able to speak with actual line pilots not just the recruiters. I would be ok with home based charter schedule but I have been told that is unattainable. I understand the realities of being a new hire and Im willing to pay dues again to be at a great place, I just need honest intel and appreciate the info received on here. I think Breeze is gonna be a game changer in the industry even if it does not work for me! Thanks all.

Last edited by Fishon320; 10-18-2022 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Not sure what you mean by downgrade. If you’re talking about the bumped down comment, that just means senior FOs will just be going above you on the Captain seniority list, you’ll still have your Captain seat and base, you’ll just continue to stay junior until there’s no more senior FOs above you that choose to upgrade in base. Of course these are relatively short term problems as the company continues to grow.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:45 AM
On Reserve

Not sure what you mean by downgrade. If you’re talking about the bumped down comment, that just means senior FOs will just be going above you on the Captain seniority list, you’ll still have your Captain seat and base, you’ll just continue to stay junior until there’s no more senior FOs above you that choose to upgrade in base. Of course these are relatively short term problems as the company continues to grow.
Thanks. 1. Anyone have any idea on future Midwest bases, any rumors of any close to Michigan? How many pilots there now? Is there enough growth coming on schedule to move over to the left seat on the 220 at the end of the seat lock. My back was wondering lol.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Has there been anymore recent talk about opening a PVD base?
Old 10-18-2022, 01:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Does the company work with you on aircraft assignment at all? I assume there is a need on both fleet types... It would literally be a night and day difference in quality of life depending which aircraft is assigned. (Speaking for me specifically since I live in an A220 base)

Also on the company frequently asked questions it states there is a 3 year equipment lock but it also states that it is the company's discretion which is why I'm curious if they work with you on that...
Old 10-18-2022, 01:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

nobody can drop anything. The pilot play book doesn’t allow it. Hell you can’t even give someone a trip from your schedule to just get the day off.

literally there is no reasonable quality of life here. If you come here for a base, they are going to use your wherever they want. Are you a Line pilot? Go fly a charter and be paid less than what the charter pilots are getting in their MMG! Charter pilot? Gets reassigned to line flying.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
nobody can drop anything. The pilot play book doesn’t allow it. Hell you can’t even give someone a trip from your schedule to just get the day off.

literally there is no reasonable quality of life here. If you come here for a base, they are going to use your wherever they want. Are you a Line pilot? Go fly a charter and be paid less than what the charter pilots are getting in their MMG! Charter pilot? Gets reassigned to line flying.
I agree that it is aggravating how they do reassigned certain line reserve pilots to charter, and charter pilots to line. I’ve never seen of a line HOLDER reassigned though. If you’re flying charter, it technically is reserve for the stretch of days you’re on.

That being said, my QOL and time here has actually not been bad. We’re still a work in progress, and will be for a while. 1000000x better than my regional ever could have been

And the pilot playbook has to go. It will go in the trash when our CBA comes out
Old 10-19-2022, 05:13 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
I agree that it is aggravating how they do reassigned certain line reserve pilots to charter, and charter pilots to line. I’ve never seen of a line HOLDER reassigned though. If you’re flying charter, it technically is reserve for the stretch of days you’re on.

That being said, my QOL and time here has actually not been bad. We’re still a work in progress, and will be for a while. 1000000x better than my regional ever could have been

And the pilot playbook has to go. It will go in the trash when our CBA comes out
Sounds like Breeze is headed for great things. Id would be nice to actually speak with someone. If anyone who currently works there would not mind answering questions please PM and I can send you my number. I have a current upcoming class date. Thanks