Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 01-26-2021, 09:19 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by LabDad06 View Post
This group was five CPZ junior CAs, all over 1000 in the 175 (don't recall what they all had), with 80-250 hours CA at CPZ.
Weird. I turned them down after a round of interviews, and I don't have any 175 PIC time.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:26 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by flynd94 View Post
No the founder of Breeze is known as an anti-union dude. Unions cost $$ to any mgmt team. SLC was always known as the biggest anti-ALPA OO base. Just playing a simple game of contact the dots
Won't work long term. Any major whose overall package is 30-50% below the pack (which includes almost all of the ULCC now) is going to get a union sooner, not later. Neeleman might be able to kick the can for a while by being nice to pilots and paying them 85-90% of industry average.

It works for OO because regional compensation is determined by market forces, not collective bargaining. OO can keep the union away mainly by creating a positive climate, not blatantly ripping their pilots off, and paying them what they were going to have to pay them anyway, union or not.

I know a couple OO managers (including a very senior one) who would actually prefer to have ALPA... that way they could totally disconnect the pilots from the other employees, then blame the pilots for being greedy if the market dictates increased compensation. I tend to agree with that, but of course there's a deeply-rooted anti-union culture in those parts.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:05 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by LAXtoDEN View Post
Yeah a bunch of OO 15 year CA/Check Airman, probably living in SLC. They’re doing the 195 sim training at Flight safety in MCI. Briefing office right down the hall from OO’s. All the Sim instructors seem to know each other on both sides. They make it sound like at least half the Breeze new hire pilots are senior SkyWest CAs.

It’s my understanding the first new hire’s on property were not being compensated for months, but guaranteed some type of stock options (don’t know the specifics).
Not exactly
Old 01-26-2021, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Yeah a bunch of OO 15 year CA/Check Airman, probably living in SLC. They’re doing the 195 sim training at Flight safety in MCI. Briefing office right down the hall from OO’s. All the Sim instructors seem to know each other on both sides. They make it sound like at least half the Breeze new hire pilots are senior SkyWest CAs.

It’s my understanding the first new hire’s on property were not being compensated for months, but guaranteed some type of stock options (don’t know the specifics).
I find it hard to believe that 15 year OO Captains and LCAs would leave and roll the dice on an upstart airline. They’re lifers at OO for a reason.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

No bases yet? Wow. Just read that they have a 3 year seat lock and mostly day trips to start with on the 190..for the commuters sake, I hope that is false information
Old 01-26-2021, 12:38 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
I find it hard to believe that 15 year OO Captains and LCAs would leave and roll the dice on an upstart airline. They’re lifers at OO for a reason.
Yeah it might be hard to believe, I agree, but it’s happening.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:14 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by TravisJohn View Post
No bases yet? Wow. Just read that they have a 3 year seat lock and mostly day trips to start with on the 190..for the commuters sake, I hope that is false information
No, it's all true. I'm hearing from many who recently interviewed and had a follow up meeting that the seat lock is pretty off-putting and likely a deal breaker. The day trip thing is what it is.. not unlike allegiant, it would not be good for commuters, period. The A220 will be commutable as far as I know, but with that 3yr seat lock, it doesn't really matter and that's kind of the problem.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Yeah maybe, always assume it’s for the most negative reason right? I don’t think you’ve ever posted anything positive affiliated with OO.

Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black We all know how you feel about AA. Ok, I'm going to saunter back over to my side of the fence now
Old 01-26-2021, 02:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
No, it's all true. I'm hearing from many who recently interviewed and had a follow up meeting that the seat lock is pretty off-putting and likely a deal breaker. The day trip thing is what it is.. not unlike allegiant, it would not be good for commuters, period. The A220 will be commutable as far as I know, but with that 3yr seat lock, it doesn't really matter and that's kind of the problem.

Wow. Unfortunate
Old 01-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by ny797 View Post
Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black We all know how you feel about AA. Ok, I'm going to saunter back over to my side of the fence now
AA, or the AA WO’s? I could care less about AA unless they’re filing BK, then it’s my/everyone’s problem too.