Crew Rest . . .

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: It's possible to sleep between the 1,000' callout and the 500' callout on final, in any seat, but that's a different subject.

Been there done that more times than I care to admit....
Quote:

It's possible to sleep between the 1,000' callout and the 500' callout on final, in any seat, but that's a different subject.

Is narcolepsey a requirement for you guys ?

Later, CC
Quote:
Is narcolepsey a requirement for you guys ?

No, but it he

I was in the back of the 727 one time and fell asleep filling out the cruise card. Made a streak across the card with the grease pencil.

I showed it to the captain and he said, "Hell, boy, when I was back there I fell asleep one night while I was starting the #2 engine...."
Quote: I was in the back of the 727 one time and fell asleep filling out the cruise card. Made a streak across the card with the grease pencil.

I showed it to the captain and he said, "Hell, boy, when I was back there I fell asleep one night while I was starting the #2 engine...."
LOL....I feel alseep while reading the before landing checklist....Capt. said he almost went around because he was laughing so hard his eyes were tearing up....

That was a few years ago....
Quote: Is narcolepsey a requirement for you guys ?
Later, CC
Nope but flying fatigued is.
Quote: In the movie, you'll notice that Fred's face is only visible on the TV screen in the 'crew room.' They never actually show Fred up close. This, according to the legend, is because he would have had to join the SAG on a one-day membership in order to have a speaking part in the movie, which he refused to do. So they had to show him on the screen, instead of in person. At least he's consistent.
I was an extra in the scene your mentioning and said sarcastically to another pilot, " I wonder if fred had to join the SAG." Then some office employee, also an extra, said " TN is a right to work state so he didnt have to join" Typical.

Fred also came up to the 8 pilots stupid enough to volunteer two days of work for a castaway hat and said "How much money are they paying you guys to get you to show up out here" Also typical
It is absolutely not true that he agreed to be in the movie only because all the pilots get killed.....
Quote: so, is it possible to sleep in the noisy 27?
Well, if you can fall sleep like a horse--standing up on one leg, leaning against a wall--you can sleep on the 72.
Quote: It is absolutely not true that he agreed to be in the movie only because all the pilots get killed.....

Wasn't that pilot that washed up on the beach an actual FedEx pilot, after a week of hub turns, without makeup?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to