Yute commuter services

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Anyone with info about them?
The only thing I know is that they operate out of Bethel AK, any more info is greatly appreciated.
They're currently hiring. Called me about my resume submittal this week
Just curious, who's running this latest iteration of YuteAir?

Quote: Just curious, who's running this latest iteration of YuteAir?

Their old DO and CP (Ernie and another fellow) is what I heard. They already had an incident putting a sled off the side of the runway a couple months ago. Yute would be a lot of fun but if you don't like the idea of flying a beat to hell sled at 500 ft in "2 miles" of vis then you'd be better off looking elsewhere.
Quote: Their old DO and CP (Ernie and another fellow) is what I heard. They already had an incident putting a sled off the side of the runway a couple months ago. Yute would be a lot of fun but if you don't like the idea of flying a beat to hell sled at 500 ft in "2 miles" of vis then you'd be better off looking elsewhere.
Good ol Ernie and Tony. They are good guys. Went up to Alaska in their youth to build time and move on but enjoyed it so much they stayed. Ernie will literally fly circles around you he is like the energizer bunny going non stop.
But yea you better be able to fly 500ft off the ground not being able to see in front of the wing strut and be ok with it or you’ll struggle. It was the time of my life up there for sure.
Quote: ... a beat to hell sled .
Is there any other kind?
Quote: Yute would be a lot of fun but if you don't like the idea of flying a beat to hell sled at 500 ft in "2 miles" of vis then you'd be better off looking elsewhere.
I flew for Yute Air over 20 years ago. As long as we had 1 mile vis we were expected to go. And this was when a GPS was just used for hiking. A sled can take a lot of ice.

I would bet most of the sleds I flew then are still flying in Alaska today.
Quote: Their old DO and CP (Ernie and another fellow) is what I heard. They already had an incident putting a sled off the side of the runway a couple months ago. Yute would be a lot of fun but if you don't like the idea of flying a beat to hell sled at 500 ft in "2 miles" of vis then you'd be better off looking elsewhere.
Ha, thanks. I'm actually a 1995 alum of a previous version of Yute.

I think I worked for Ernie (same guy?) at Camai Air (now defunct).

Not sure who Tony is, or his background.

Actually I was more interested in the investors (?)/owners. Who's actually financing the thing?

Good luck to everyone.
Quote:
Actually I was more interested in the investors (?)/owners.
Renfro is.
Quote: Renfro is.
Interesting. Thanks.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to