Top Ten Reasons why I like to Fly for JetBlue

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 17
Go to
1. Because I like it.
2. Because there is always funny stuff to read on Airline Forums posted by
people you have a lot of opinion and little knowledge...
3. Because after GA, Corporate, Legacy, Commuter and LCC, I have now found the best place to fly for.
4. Because our uniforms look cool and are paid for by the company, just like out luggage and laptops
5. Because I like the cool folks I work with - Pilots, Flight Attendants, Gate Agents.
6. Because we have Management I can talk to.
7. Because we don’t need no stinking Union.
8. Because we provide a service to our customers who appreciate it.
9. Because I’ll make $80K as F/O and $140 as CA flying a cool, new A320.
10.Because we own the future.
Quote: 1. Because I like it.
2. Because there is always funny stuff to read on Airline Forums posted by
people you have a lot of opinion and little knowledge...
3. Because after GA, Corporate, Legacy, Commuter and LCC, I have now found the best place to fly for.
4. Because our uniforms look cool and are paid for by the company, just like out luggage and laptops
5. Because I like the cool folks I work with - Pilots, Flight Attendants, Gate Agents.
6. Because we have Management I can talk to.
7. Because we don’t need no stinking Union.
8. Because we provide a service to our customers who appreciate it.
9. Because I’ll make $80K as F/O and $140 as CA flying a cool, new A320.
10.Because we own the future.
Man you have set your sights way too low.
$80K?

i made that already this year...hahahahahaha....

dude..u r so cluless!!!!
Quote: $80K?

i made that already this year...hahahahahaha....

dude..u r so cluless!!!!
Why are you comparing your A300 captains pay to a 320 fo pay?

Jetblue pays their 320 pilots the same as any other 320 operator out there. JetBlue shouldnt have to pay their 320 pilots higher then everyone else just because they dont have 777's with its high pay scale to dangle infront of its pilot group!
Quote: 10.Because we own the future.
Really? Wow, good for you man!

OK, all sarcasm aside. Why do you say that? I've got some bros that fly for B6 and they don't seem to feel quite the same way.
When a person uses the term "cool" to describe their job so many times in one post it speaks volumes on the maturity and career potential this person has before them. Not to even mention someone starting a thread to describe in detail how "cool" their carrier really is.

There are plenty of media reports to contradict much of what was written. The financial reports that are forthcoming will further shed light on this and when reality sets in the "cool" will cool and the threads will stop. So we all have something to look forward to.

Also, anyone that feels the 320 is the Pinnacle of aviation has never flown anything larger. Speaking from experience the 320 is marginaly airliner with a comfortable cockpit. Other than that it is junk.
Well, I don't have anything against B6. I might even drink the blue juice someday if given the right place and the right opportunity. The only thing I really dislike is the uniform. Its not traditional. I am old school. I am the guy wearing the hat with blazer. I like it old school. I remember when I was kid looking up to pilots with hat and nice uniform, it commanded respect. I just do see that with B6 uniforms.
I don't see what the problem is with using the word "cool" first off but either way I don't think it matters. I've been on a few Jetblue flights as a passenger and all I've noticed is that every crew I've met seemed to be enjoying their job. As a consumer, to me, that made a big difference.
Quote: Why are you comparing your A300 captains pay to a 320 fo pay?

Jetblue pays their 320 pilots the same as any other 320 operator out there. JetBlue shouldnt have to pay their 320 pilots higher then everyone else just because they dont have 777's with its high pay scale to dangle infront of its pilot group!

i know..just like to bust his stones...our 727 pilots make well over 100 grand..and jetblue owns nothing..how's that?
Quote: Also, anyone that feels the 320 is the Pinnacle of aviation has never flown anything larger.
I've learned that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better... I consider my job flying a lowly 16630 lb aircraft one of the pinnacle jobs in aviation...
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 17
Go to