FedEx Bases as New Hire

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Wonder how it would work commuting from another EU country. Been out of the flight deck for about six months now, doing sim stuff, and a former colleague has been telling me I should apply to FedEx. I have dual US/EU citizenship and live in Scandinavia with my wife and kids, who are also EU citizens. Just wonder if it would be workable at all. Of course intra-EU tax treaties as well as the tax issues with Germany and the US might make it a bit too complex. Thanks.
Problem is, you lose out on the housing allowance if you don't reside within 100 miles of base. Around $4500 USD a month.
Would you like Memphis or would you prefer Memphis?
Quote: Would you like Memphis or would you prefer Memphis?
Redacted after some clearer thinking.
Quote: I know of one FO who is LAX based with less than 3 yrs. seniority
Currently the bottom 80% of LAX is less than 3 years on property.
Quote: Currently the bottom 80% of LAX is less than 3 years on property.
Wow!

Well, it used to be a senior base.
Quote: Currently the bottom 80% of LAX is less than 3 years on property.
I think you mean the bottom 20 percent.
Quote: Problem is, you lose out on the housing allowance if you don't reside within 100 miles of base. Around $4500 USD a month.
It’s exactly $3,500 per month. Can become more, but the Euro has to get much stronger than it is now.

Right now he’s not getting a housing allowance and living there. If first year pay in the FDA ($100/hr) is more than he’s making now, I don’t see losing the housing as a show stopper.
What is the ANC base looking like these days for a new hire?
Quote: It’s exactly $3,500 per month. Can become more, but the Euro has to get much stronger than it is now.

Right now he’s not getting a housing allowance and living there. If first year pay in the FDA ($100/hr) is more than he’s making now, I don’t see losing the housing as a show stopper.
Most people find a place to live for less than @$2K ( +/- $) and pocket the extra, so yeah that's an extra @$20K a year..
Quote: What is the ANC base looking like these days for a new hire?
Slightly more junior than LAX.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to