LGA Lines

Subscribe
Hey guys -- I start class in September and will be bidding LGA as my base since I live on Long Island. I was curious how the lines are out of LGA for junior FOs? Once some seniority is gained is the option for 1 or 2 days trips available? How much shuttle flying to BOS and DCA do we do? For those who live in base, do you find it easy to pick up extra flying?

Any other insight into the LGA schedules would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Quote: Hey guys -- I start class in September and will be bidding LGA as my base since I live on Long Island. I was curious how the lines are out of LGA for junior FOs? Once some seniority is gained is the option for 1 or 2 days trips available? How much shuttle flying to BOS and DCA do we do? For those who live in base, do you find it easy to pick up extra flying?

Any other insight into the LGA schedules would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
We don’t have “lines” of flying at Republic. We have a PBS bidding system where you bid to create your line.

That said. There are about 550 to 625 pairings/trips each month for you to bid from. While it does vary from month to month, you’ll find about 15-20% are 1 day trips, 25-35% are 2 day trips, 25-35% are 3 day trips and around 10% 4 day trips. Rarely are there any 5 day trips. You will bid for your “line” by selecting preferences to choose from these pairings or trips. LGA pilots have typically 15-18 days off per month, depending upon seniority and what your bidding preferences are.

It’s VERY easy to pick up extra flying. Currently we do all of the DCA shuttle flying and about 75% of the BOS shuttle flying on the DL side; about all of it on the AA side also.

Hope that helps.
What is the difference between LGA and EWR regarding trips for junior FO?
Quote: What is the difference between LGA and EWR regarding trips for junior FO?
Only United flying in EWR. AA and DL flying only in LGA. Other than that, not much difference. Actual trip length mix might vary some between the two but frankly (I) don’t look at the EWR bid packets.
Thanks for the info - this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. See you out there in a few months!
Any Canada or Caribbean "lines" out of PHL? Or is it mostly NE/Midwest shuttles?
Saw a few posts that LGA is no longer the going to new hires out of training. Any truth to this? When I interviewed a month back LGA was going to most of the new hires.

Curious how things are shaping up.
Quote: Saw a few posts that LGA is no longer the going to new hires out of training. Any truth to this? When I interviewed a month back LGA was going to most of the new hires.

Curious how things are shaping up.
This is why people shouldn't be posting what new hires are getting in their initial bid because they are meaningless and people will misinterpret it. I know I won't do it anymore.

Anybody who wants LGA will get it by the time they are out of training, even if it wasn't in their initial assignment.
Quote: This is why people shouldn't be posting what new hires are getting in their initial bid because they are meaningless and people will misinterpret it. I know I won't do it anymore.

Anybody who wants LGA will get it by the time they are out of training, even if it wasn't in their initial assignment.

Good news, thx Wxman. Sounds like with potential delays we may even have another bid cycle to help as well until we hit our domicile - taking the ‘look at the bright side’ approach.

Thx again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Only United flying in EWR. AA and DL flying only in LGA. Other than that, not much difference. Actual trip length mix might vary some between the two but frankly (I) don’t look at the EWR bid packets.
EWR has far more longer, higher credit trips. This is good if you are a commuter - to spend less nights in the crash pad. LGA however does have higher credit 2-3 day trips but typically they are uncommutable unless you live in the northeast. Only a handful of 4 day trips and I don't think I've seen a 5 day trip in LGA since I started here almost 2 years ago.