Have you flowed to American?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Hey pilots, I'm wondering how many of you have actually flowed into american airlines. If so, how long did it take and where did you come from. Should pilots at holy owned airlines still count on a flow?
The flow is holier than holy can be
Quote: Hey pilots, I'm wondering how many of you have actually flowed into american airlines. If so, how long did it take and where did you come from. Should pilots at holy owned airlines still count on a flow?
The stories from those who have already flowed have no bearing on the future. I flowed after 12 years but that just means 12 years ago the flow was at 12 years. It has nothing to do with the flow today. Also, there is nothing "holy" about the owning.
Just a few years ago, the pilots that flowed from the wholly owned Envoy were 25+ years. For better than a decade no major was hiring. Furloughs after 9/11 and retirement age moving from 60 to 65 were the main causes. Regional pilots grew old, grey, and balding waiting for the call that did not come. In the last few years hiring has resumed.

Currently I understand 2007 pilots are flowing. That is 11 years from DOH with Envoy.

In a few years the flow will be 7 years +/-, assuming no attrition. With attrition it could be a bit shorter.

As hiring ramps up further, in a few years, the forecast will be about 1 in 5 regional pilots each year will be hired by the majors. (4,000 a year of the 20,000 pilots currently flying regionals.).

If you are just now looking to get on with a regional, one thing is certain, things will change from where they are today. The good news is the majors have a huge amount of retirements coming. No one is going to stop that train.
Just like what was stated above, what happened in the past isn't a good indication of what will happen in the future, or even today.

As one of the "numbered flow throughs" from legacy Eagle , I flowed 10 years after we were all told, "you'll all be at AA in 2 years"

But yes, many of us here have flowed, and more than a few of us are even group 2 captains now at AA.

If it works out for the wholly owned pilots, great. But I wouldn't bank on anything they tell you today.
Go read the regional threads to see what life is and was like before we got our draft date. Most of us lived in purgatory for more than a decade waiting on the holy flow from our wholly owned. Flow is mint for Pdt pilots hired in 2011. They are really the big winners for my former shop. Can’t speak for the others.
The best thing about flowing? NO interview required!!!
Quote: The best thing about flowing? NO interview required!!!

Hardly an interview at the regionals too. I think some are hired with an ATP and a heartbeat these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: The best thing about flowing? NO interview required!!!
And that’s the worst thing about the Flow.
Quote: And that’s the worst thing about the Flow.
Because 11+ years of flying your equipment isn’t enough of an interview
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to