Frecce Tricolori Acrobatic Exhibition 2018

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Frecce Tricolori "Tricolour Arrows"), officially known as the 313° Gruppo Addestramento Acrobatico, acrobatic exhibition at San Javier Air Base (MJV) June 2018

Quote: Frecce Tricolori "Tricolour Arrows"), officially known as the 313° Gruppo Addestramento Acrobatico, acrobatic exhibition at San Javier Air Base (MJV) June 2018

Ah yes, I remember these guys:

https://youtu.be/QX6io7WD0zg
Quote: Ah yes, I remember these guys:
Yeah, pretty tough to forget that. When a team uses a little POS trainer for it's team, the only way to make the show even marginally entertaining is put a bunch of them up.
Quote: Yeah, pretty tough to forget that. When a team uses a little POS trainer for it's team, the only way to make the show even marginally entertaining is put a bunch of them up.
Lots of good/great teams IMO out there using trainers.
Snowbirds and Red Arrows of note.

The US is one of a few countries overall which use top of the line fighters for its' show teams.

I personally think the Blues were the best when they flew the A-4s.
Quote: Lots of good/great teams IMO out there using trainers.
Snowbirds and Red Arrows of note.

The US is one of a few countries overall which use top of the line fighters for its' show teams.

I personally think the Blues were the best when they flew the A-4s.
I know many demo teams use trainers. That’s why they put up so many. The visual hopefully makes up for the lack of performance. I doubt many spectators would be that impressed if there were only 6 Tutors or Hawks during a performance of the Snowbirds or Reds.
As far as the Blues, I would have to go with the F-4. “Threshold” is still pretty impressive to watch even today.
Sort of a different kind of show.
One power and speed and the other more like an aerial ballet.

One of the most impressive feats I’ve seen was a 9 ship formation Snowbird landing done back on n the day.
And in fairness, the Thunderbirds used T-38s pretty successfully right up until the tragedy at Indian Springs.
It seems that this post has had some feedback, I'm glad!
Quote: I personally think the Blues were the best when they flew the A-4s.
Agreed, as evidenced by the Van Halen video

The first time my dad took me to see them was with the A4.
I liked the Blues/T-Birds when they flew F-4s. Loud noise is a very important part of the show, especially when they sneak up on the crowd from behind.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to