Move to Republic

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Wanting to read as well if possible. All the Republic pilots I’ve talked too only have one complaint and it’s no flow to mainline. Have a feeling that’s not far down the road. Only hesitation is no domicile near GSP where I live although I do like flying DCA for current airline. Interview Monday so we shall see how things go
How would they have a flow/agreement with mainline?
Quote: How would they have a flow/agreement with mainline?
They won’t. It’s basically not possible given their situation. There will be a lot of hiring at mainline in the next 8+ years. It will just be up to you. Lcc’s will be an even easier option.
Quote: They won’t. It’s basically not possible given their situation. There will be a lot of hiring at mainline in the next 8+ years. It will just be up to you. Lcc’s will be an even easier option.

To your point, from what I’ve garnered (and observed with friends) any flow, DGI, or CPP all have timetables that exceed the recent timeline of OTS regional hiring at the majors; I didn’t see it as a negative when looking at YX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flow doesn't mean a thing in this climate, and if the economy tanks, so will hiring everywhere, so again, flow doesn't matter.

Guys are getting hired out of this place after 1-2 years to LCCs and majors. This, in combination with the 100 aircraft order, is why we're hiring FOs like they're going out of style.
Here's a question: with the new bonus payout structure (spread out instead of all at once) is there still any kind of commitment?
Quote: Here's a question: with the new bonus payout structure (spread out instead of all at once) is there still any kind of commitment?
Still 2 years iirc.
Quote: Still 2 years iirc.
So you take the first $10k they have you for 2 years even though you haven't taken the next $7500??
Quote: So you take the first $10k they have you for 2 years even though you haven't taken the next $7500??
Not sure if I really grasped what you said, but basically you'd have to pay back the bonus if you left within 2 years. Nothing says that you have to stay for 2 years. Each month you stay, you get to keep 1/24 of the bonus. So if you only stay for a year, you'd only have to pay back half of what you took.
That kinda blows. I figured that with the spread out payments they’d shorten the terms or do away with it, like Endeavor.
Quote: That kinda blows. I figured that with the spread out payments they’d shorten the terms or do away with it, like Endeavor.
Have no idea what you are talking about. You get the full bonus by the end of IOE unless they changed something.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to