New hires beware of Skywest.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I am a Delta pilot who came up through the ranks of an ALPA regional. There are many of us who are not happy about what Skywest has done.

They are about the only non union airline in the US. They have been shutting down and replacing union carriers like ASA, XJT, and Horizon as they refuse to join their union colleagues.

Many ALPA carriers, including Delta, United, and FedEx give preference to ALPA pilots per a resolution that was passed by the ALPA BOD in 2016.

There are some ALPA pilots starting to refuse the jumpseat for Skywest pilots.

Plenty of options out there. Choose wisely. Skywest has a “stink” in the industry.
Cue Ricky and fate in 3,2,1...

As they know everything there is to know!

Just ask them......
Quote: I am a Delta pilot who came up through the ranks of an ALPA regional. There are many of us who are not happy about what Skywest has done.

They are about the only non union airline in the US. They have been shutting down and replacing union carriers like ASA, XJT, and Horizon as they refuse to join their union colleagues.

Many ALPA carriers, including Delta, United, and FedEx give preference to ALPA pilots per a resolution that was passed by the ALPA BOD in 2016.

There are some ALPA pilots starting to refuse the jumpseat for Skywest pilots.

Plenty of options out there. Choose wisely. Skywest has a “stink” in the industry.
There is also a Delta “stink” in the industry. We’re all all in the big leagues, honestly who has the time and energy to care about the minors? Get a hobby or go outside and enjoy the summer.
Quote: There is also a Delta “stink” in the industry. We’re all all in the big leagues, honestly who has the time and energy to care about the minors? Get a hobby or go outside and enjoy the summer.
What he posted is true. Jumpseat requests have been denied due to the fact that we refuse to unionize.
Wow... a Delta Pilot..... So mighty. How many SkyWest pilots has Delta hired? How many Delta pilots jumpseat on SkyWest? Pretty sure Delta isn’t stupid enough to farm out their flying to SkyWest....
Quote: Sweet. Hopefully the SkyWest folks will reciprocate back to the Delta pilots! That will make for some fun!
Go ahead and deny me the jumpseat. You will be digging your own grave. We should be doing your flying anyway. No more Skywest on the jumpseat for me until you present an ALPA card.
Quote: What he posted is true. Jumpseat requests have been denied due to the fact that we refuse to unionize.
ALPA doesn’t care about regionals, they represent their mainline partners, which is why it’s a large conflict of interest. 2% of regional paychecks aren’t funding the operation.
Quote: Go ahead and deny me the jumpseat. You will be digging your own grave. We should be doing your flying anyway. No more Skywest on the jumpseat for me until you present an ALPA card.
Didn’t you say you came up through a ALPA Delta regional? So are you advocating taking jobs away from ALPA Delta regional flying?
Quote: ALPA doesn’t care about regionals, they represent their mainline partners, which is why it’s a large conflict of interest. 2% of regional paychecks aren’t funding the operation.
You obviously have little understanding of how ALPA works. But do keep on reading the "why unions are bad" page on SWOL. It's the best way of being informed on this issue.
Did you ever try to jumpseat on Delta 20+ years ago!!! ????ask that question to you Delta Captain. Never ever threaten the Jumpseat... that shows your immaturity....
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to