Why are contracts so anti-member?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I never knew what a "non pilot" was unti l met an airline captain. I think it tells much about the mindset of the group. Who thought up a system that provided so well for rich kids? Free training, guaranteed flow into a major, and Cadillac/month wages for mearly showing up and doing what you were told! Obviously I didn't get that deal LOL!
Where did you come up that bit of nonsense?

GF
This is what I hear from everyone I have ever met that doesn't fly. They really think all pilots are trained in the military and are gifted a Caddy/mo, all on the taxpayers dime. Of course there was/is a kernel of truth to this but we know it's relatively rare anymore. The term "non-pilot" is usually reserved for folks within the industry.
So why would I tolerate some other guy with similar total flight time popping in just ahead of me in seniority? Partly because I'm not a petty childish douchebag but mostly because on a large scale this strengthens the unions' side across the industry while also rewarding honest companies. If company Y negotiates real sweet contracts and they needs some pilots, while company X does all sorts of horrible mean nasty stuff when it comes to wages, then some of those pilots can leave X and come on over to Y. At this stage Y is gaining proven experienced pilots and company X is loosing pilots so can't service all of its routes, which leaves room for Y to expand service and add yet more pilot jobs under a good contract and agreeable management.

Just win win all around from my angle.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone welcome a new hire that is senior to them?
This has a huge career and quality of life impact. It would actually add to the problems within the pilot group itself.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to