How to pack food for a 4-day trip

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote:
I see some guys hitting Soylent pretty heavily on the line as well. Not bad for packability but not sure on how sustainable that would be for me personally.

Last I saw, that stuff causes Hershey squirts and Harley farts for days after use.

RIP crew and passengers!
Quote: Last I saw, that stuff causes Hershey squirts and Harley farts for days after use.

RIP crew and passengers!
The farts are pretty horrific the first few days after you start. I was standing fireguard under turning blades during a UH-60 start and still almost gagged. Definitely gets better once your body adjusts and I actually felt pretty good.
Reading posts about 4 day trips I really miss traveling. And it is still unknown when the quarantine will end and the borders will be opened.
To update my post I want to add, unfortunately, I'm allergic, so I can't eat canned food. Therefore, if I go on such a trip, I take the necessary products only for 1 day. And then I look for markets where I can buy fresh food. But this was not always the case. There was a time when I felt good, and then something went wrong. Due to poor health, I had to take an allergen test, which I sent to this lab intolerancelab.co.uk. After 5 days, I received a result that said that I was allergic to a component that is contained in all canned food. Since then, I only eat fresh food.
Quote: To update my post I want to add, unfortunately, I'm allergic, so I can't eat canned food. Therefore, if I go on such a trip, I take the necessary products only for 1 day. And then I look for markets where I can buy fresh food. But this was not always the case. There was a time when I felt good, and then something went wrong. Due to poor health, I had to take an allergen test, which I sent to this lab intolerancelab.co.uk. After 5 days, I received a result that said that I was allergic to a component that is contained in all canned food. Since then, I only eat fresh food.
I feel like this is some thinly veiled advertisement for the lab you linked. I dont dare click on it, especially with you only having 5 posts lol. If it isnt, well glad you found a way to feel better.
Quote: Anyone care to share their insights into successfully packing food for a 4-day trip??
vacuum seal or freeze the perishable items. Quart size bags seems to do the trick...I’ve been doing it for 10+ years.

You can thaw the food out in the sink, hot plate, nuke it, or other.
Oh, and if you do bring self-packed meats, dairy or any other volatile foods, consume those on day 1.
4-5 Fitpackers with whatever you want to eat. Reheats in about 45 minutes with a HotLogic Mini. Fresh fruit, nuts, jerky, and bars, whatever fits.
Quote: 4-5 Fitpackers with whatever you want to eat. Reheats in about 45 minutes with a HotLogic Mini. Fresh fruit, nuts, jerky, and bars, whatever fits.
Thank you.

I looked at the Hotlogic Mini years ago. Back then online pics showed using a pirex dish heating food (I did not want to carry a pirex dish and the empty space it would take) and I thought it would take 5 hours or so to heat food (5 hours not practical). After reading your post, I went back and had a second look. Numerous videos online now. No need for the pirex dish at all for one and even hard frozen food reheats faster than 5 hours. Still takes a bit longer than I want but it's better than not having a microwave when hitting one of 'those' hotels and is low profile enough to just have in my bag in case I need it. Ordered one and I've tested a couple meals here at home and I'm looking forward to using it on my next trip. Neat device.
A four day trip driving the minivan to the coast to see family is all I have to worry about packing for currently
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to