Europe Living whilst CGN based

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
As I understand it a lot if not most trips start with a DH to CDG. From anyone that does it or knows someone; how hard is it to live in say France or Portugal, and can you alternate travel your way to CDG to start your pattern?
Thanks in advance !
Quote: As I understand it a lot if not most trips start with a DH to CDG. From anyone that does it or knows someone; how hard is it to live in say France or Portugal, and can you alternate travel your way to CDG to start your pattern?
Thanks in advance !
The trips start at the outstations, not CDG. So you will DH to BCN, AMS, EMA, etc. There are a couple that might start out of CDG but it is not the majority. If you live outside 100 miles from CGN you do not get the housing allowance. There are people that do it, but it is not many.
Will they buy you a ticket from where you live if the price is the same?
Quote: Will they buy you a ticket from where you live if the price is the same?
Yes up to the cost for original dh. Out of pocket for anything above.
Quote: Yes up to the cost for original dh. Out of pocket for anything above.
Well, up to the cost of the established fare, which may or may not be in anyway related to the cost of the original deadhead.
How hard is it go get right after training ?
When can you go back when your 4-5 year times runs out ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Quote: How hard is it go get right after training ?
If you don't get it in BI, you'll have to wait for a seat bid. I haven't seen a new hire get Cologne in a while. They are still putting new hires into Hong Kong.
Quote: When can you go back when your 4-5 year times runs out ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
After you hit the limit (4 yrs 11 mos), you have to bid out of CGN for one year, then you can bid back.
Yes, you could commute from a lot of places in Europe, but...

You need to ask someone smarter than me on the FDA contract stuff.
Not living in CGN may have move $$, housing $$, and/or tax implications.
The hard part would be a visa....
Just for clarity sake.....you have to be within 100 miles and within the same country as the base airport.....
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to