Getting back

Subscribe
What is the deal with the Direct entry Captain position? I have been out of the cockpit for a few years been with the FAA. I have 10,000 hours the majority being 121 and 135 PIC. Chief pilot and check airman. Thinking Envoy is a good way to get back in. I Live on Long Island and within a 2 hour ride to LGA. Staying in base is a priority. Any suggestions?
Apply ASAP... after giving me your email so we can split the referral bonus
Quote: Apply ASAP... after giving me your email so we can split the referral bonus
LOL thanks for the suggestion haven’t been on these boards in a while
Quote: Apply ASAP... after giving me your email so we can split the referral bonus
What a great idea, thanks
Check out Endeavor, but you are in a position to win at Envoy and I hope you consider it.
What referral bonus? That got shut down overnight with no warning a few months back.
Not for DECs
It seems like they are short on the CRJ right now so there is a risk of getting ORD CRJ in training. You would be considered displaced and could possibly bid to NY in a few months on the next bid, but that would be another long term.
Quote: What is the deal with the Direct entry Captain position? I have been out of the cockpit for a few years been with the FAA. I have 10,000 hours the majority being 121 and 135 PIC. Chief pilot and check airman. Thinking Envoy is a good way to get back in. I Live on Long Island and within a 2 hour ride to LGA. Staying in base is a priority. Any suggestions?
Alright, like the guy just said above they just now started to hired DEC into the CRJ. I think he is right in that you wouldn't have a seat lock but I'd ask that specific question before showing up. With that said let's say you get the 145 LGA you would likely be on reserve for a three months to three years. And it's likely going to be on the extreme of that range. It all depends on how many more DECs they hire. If they hire 50-75 more after you onto the 145 then you are likely to hold a line. If not then it's going to be a tough ride. I really don't know.
Thanks for the info