Top earning potential at the regionals.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
FWIW I am a 3 year Captain on the CRJ series but for a 121 charter operator. Not quite a regional but same equipment. We are paid salary which is also night and day, however my salary for year three is $98,000. This exlcudes perdiem.
Quote: Are you just multiplying the min guarantee by the hourly rate? At many airlines it’s easy to credit 100+ hours a month of pay. Last month I hit 145.
Yes. I was taking hourly times 1000.
Quote: Yes. I was taking hourly times 1000.

That’s a good start. That’s only 83.33 hours a month though. At many airlines, it’s common for the company to require an average line value in the high 80s, especially during the busy months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Yes. I was taking hourly times 1000.
That’s a good way to plan, in case the surplus flying goes away. But top earning potential right now is much higher due to premium pay at a lot of places.
It’s pretty sad that this has become a discussion of how you can plan for your great career at the regionals.
Quote: It’s pretty sad that this has become a discussion of how you can plan for your great career at the regionals.
What's wrong with having a career at a regional?
Quote: What's wrong with having a career at a regional?
A lot is wrong with it.
Nothing at all...unless you listen to some of the pontiffs on here. If I didn't have the flow this fall, I would probably go try the training dept. route. I could be quite comfortable there for a very long time.
Quote: Nothing at all...unless you listen to some of the pontiffs on here. If I didn't have the flow this fall, I would probably go try the training dept. route. I could be quite comfortable there for a very long time.
Weeelll....

A comfortable career at a regional, that doesn't terminate in downgrade, furlough, or liquidation about when your kids start college, depends on some degree of luck.

Same could be said for some majors, but I'd argue the risk is lower and you can usually see it coming far enough out to react.

It's the nature of the business model, and the reason it exists... to enable them to cut you loose when you get too expensive. Or if you somehow manage to stay cheap, you can probably keep undercutting other regionals forever.

Also, the regional industry is likely to evolve over the next decade, into who knows what. If I was a regional pilot younger than 55, I'd be looking for a way out while the getting's good. You won't have a job if you don't have any FO's.... CFI to United Airlines
Nothing if you like lower pay, qol, retirement, and benefits. Anyone under 63 considering staying doesn't understand math.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to