qualifying for retirement

Subscribe
I remember hearing that pilots can qualify for retirement at 10 years of service with the company. I worked for AAG for a couple years, then went military. I am now back with the company, so would my total years count towards that 10 year retirement minimum or would the clock start over?
Quote: I remember hearing that pilots can qualify for retirement at 10 years of service with the company. I worked for AAG for a couple years, then went military. I am now back with the company, so would my total years count towards that 10 year retirement minimum or would the clock start over?
Your best bet is probably to talk to HR.
Quote: I remember hearing that pilots can qualify for retirement at 10 years of service with the company. I worked for AAG for a couple years, then went military. I am now back with the company, so would my total years count towards that 10 year retirement minimum or would the clock start over?

I think you are referring to Flight benefits.... If so then yes. check with HR as stated above. I believe part of that time (For Flight Benefits Retirement) has to be a specific continuous period of time to count towards 10yrs for Retirement Flight Benefit even if you left AAG.

Check with HR.
Did you take military leave or quit and come back.
Right out of the Travel Guide, Page 5:

Retiree status:
To qualify for retiree travel and receive travel privileges pursuant to company policy, as amended from time to time, you must have retired under a previous retirement plan or meet the 65 Point Plan
criteria. You are eligible for the 65 Point Plan if your years of service plus age are equal to at least 65.

• Your years of service plus age are equal to at least 65
• You have at least 10 years of continuous active service with the company
• You leave the company in good standing and
• You give appropriate notice to your department.