Will Delta Keep Endeavor?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hi Everyone,

First, thank you in advance to anyone who responds. Honestly, I know that the airline market is the best it has been in a long time for pilot hiring and that you should not plan on being at a regional for an extended period of time. However, this is a question that I am wondering in regards to choosing a regional.

I’ve always been told by pilot friends and mentors of mine that there is a wide variety of factors you should look at when choosing a regional. Pay/benefits, domiciles, upgrade times, work rules, stability, etc. Endeavor seems like the perfect option considering that they currently have the best contract in the regional market, I live in the MSP area, and upgrade times are on the lower side. My largest issue is on stability.

On paper, it seems like Endeavor is very stable with an expanding fleet and being owned by Delta. However, I’m nervous that being a WO of DAL is an issue. As people have mentioned on this forum, Delta does not have the best history with its WOs. Comair and ASA are two very prime examples that come to mind. I obviously have no intention of making a lifelong career at EDV however I’m worried that if I come to EDV and then something catastrophic happens such as another 9/11 or a recession, I want to be prepared to get stuck at a company that’s stable.

I understand that nobody has the crystal ball to see what will happen in this industry nor what Delta will do. I also understand that I should not plan at staying at a regional and I get that some will say that computers will take over flying in x amount of years. However, I am seeking anyone’s opinion on if they think EDV is going to be Delta’s WO for the long run (15+ years). What would be plausible reasons why DAL would get rid of Endeavor? Is Endeavor a stable place to go for the long run?

Thank you again
Yes for now
Filler
If you’re looking to be MSP based as a captain this isn’t the airline for you.
Theres no guessing when this good ride will end but assume youll never hold msp ca, if that's fine for you, come on over.
We regularly out perform mainline in a lot of their metrics. As long as we get the job done, there's no reason to dump us. Most new hires probably aren't going to be here more than a few years anyways.
Quote: Hi Everyone,

First, thank you in advance to anyone who responds. Honestly, I know that the airline market is the best it has been in a long time for pilot hiring and that you should not plan on being at a regional for an extended period of time. However, this is a question that I am wondering in regards to choosing a regional.

I’ve always been told by pilot friends and mentors of mine that there is a wide variety of factors you should look at when choosing a regional. Pay/benefits, domiciles, upgrade times, work rules, stability, etc. Endeavor seems like the perfect option considering that they currently have the best contract in the regional market, I live in the MSP area, and upgrade times are on the lower side. My largest issue is on stability.

On paper, it seems like Endeavor is very stable with an expanding fleet and being owned by Delta. However, I’m nervous that being a WO of DAL is an issue. As people have mentioned on this forum, Delta does not have the best history with its WOs. Comair and ASA are two very prime examples that come to mind. I obviously have no intention of making a lifelong career at EDV however I’m worried that if I come to EDV and then something catastrophic happens such as another 9/11 or a recession, I want to be prepared to get stuck at a company that’s stable.

I understand that nobody has the crystal ball to see what will happen in this industry nor what Delta will do. I also understand that I should not plan at staying at a regional and I get that some will say that computers will take over flying in x amount of years. However, I am seeking anyone’s opinion on if they think EDV is going to be Delta’s WO for the long run (15+ years). What would be plausible reasons why DAL would get rid of Endeavor? Is Endeavor a stable place to go for the long run?

Thank you again
Fly for the Air Force or Navy for two thousand hours, resign, go straight to Delta. You’re welcome.
Or go to Comair. They were owned by Delta.
Quote: Or go to Comair. They were owned by Delta.
What’s the purpose of that post? Jeesh
Quote: Fly for the Air Force or Navy for two thousand hours, resign, go straight to Delta. You’re welcome.
Damn.. I wish someone had told me that... I would have stopped flying at 3500 hours and never had gone on to a 135 job if I knew that was the case.
Quote: If you’re looking to be MSP based as a captain this isn’t the airline for you.

Side question, how long for a new hire FO to get into MSP?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to