Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Class Drop List

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 02:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Bump

How about someone still in training try and help your fellow Envoy wannabes and get the latest class stats and post them.
Old 07-24-2022, 06:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Is Dallas going to be tough for a DEC to hold I would assume?
Old 07-24-2022, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Boredflyguy View Post
Is Dallas going to be tough for a DEC to hold I would assume?
Yes. Last bid, early July, junior DFW 175 captain was an October 2019 hire. That will be bottom of the reserve list. ORD was Feb 2022. There were no MIA vacancies this time around, but seniority has been about the same as ORD.
Old 08-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: B737 Line FO

I chatted with a couple of current students yesterday. Once is in "Systems" week and the other a week later in "CPTs". Earlier reported 29 in his Indoc class and the latter reported 40 in his. ALL were 175, we did not get into the details of the bases.

A couple of notes:

- they are seeing more prior-121 coming in, some even at DEC level hiring. Looks like June/July were the last "no prior jet" heavy groups. (Don't give up though, the prior 121 and prior jet pool will dry up
- 175 only moving forward is assured. 145 phase out accelerating. Recruiting is touting the new-to-us (15) 170s to arrive (hopefully soon) and the remaining (3) 175s coming up from the factory by end of year.
- base bid drop... commuting sucks but there is still movement within a short period of time as well as possible base trades while still in training (with the ALPA process). This really shouldn't hold you back.

There is no perfect decision, just get somewhere and start cranking the 121 flying hours. My experience has been good so far but I'm new. There's goofy stuff all over the industry, jump on board and try to enjoy it.

Even if you don't stay long term, getting through the program and line flying will certainly help your resume.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:30 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2022
Default Class CFI numbers

Anyone have any info on how many cfi’s are in the recent class. I know DEC’s are the priority rn but I’m trying to decide whether waiting for a class is worth it. I already did atp ctp since they wanted me to hurry up now I’m waiting without a timeline for a class.
Old 08-08-2022, 02:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by Justsendit16 View Post
Anyone have any info on how many cfi’s are in the recent class. I know DEC’s are the priority rn but I’m trying to decide whether waiting for a class is worth it. I already did atp ctp since they wanted me to hurry up now I’m waiting without a timeline for a class.
Well, from the looks of it, you'll make a bit more money at Envoy than you would at some other regionals, if it's money you care about. If you chose Envoy because of base/QOL I guess you have to ask yourself if you're willing to give that up just because someone else got you in class quicker. That said, isn't just about every airline backed up somewhere between class, sims, and IOE? So even if you get into class somewhere right away, you might end up waiting anyway. The past week sounds like it's been quite rough for AAL due to the over scheduling and understaffing, so you'll most likely be quite busy once you do hit the line. If I were you and already got as far as doing the ATP-CTP course with them, I'd just enjoy my extra time off for the end of the summer.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:56 PM
Flies With The Hat On

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Right of the Left Seat

Originally Posted by TXMike View Post
I chatted with a couple of current students yesterday. Once is in "Systems" week and the other a week later in "CPTs". Earlier reported 29 in his Indoc class and the latter reported 40 in his. ALL were 175, we did not get into the details of the bases.

A couple of notes:

- they are seeing more prior-121 coming in, some even at DEC level hiring. Looks like June/July were the last "no prior jet" heavy groups. (Don't give up though, the prior 121 and prior jet pool will dry up
- 175 only moving forward is assured. 145 phase out accelerating. Recruiting is touting the new-to-us (15) 170s to arrive (hopefully soon) and the remaining (3) 175s coming up from the factory by end of year.
- base bid drop... commuting sucks but there is still movement within a short period of time as well as possible base trades while still in training (with the ALPA process). This really shouldn't hold you back.

There is no perfect decision, just get somewhere and start cranking the 121 flying hours. My experience has been good so far but I'm new. There's goofy stuff all over the industry, jump on board and try to enjoy it.

Even if you don't stay long term, getting through the program and line flying will certainly help your resume.
Where is the prior 121 experience coming from? Pilots abandoning CommuteAir, Mesa, GoJet & Air Wisconson? I'm hearing classes are full?
Old 08-18-2022, 12:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005

American, they're comng for the money
Old 08-20-2022, 06:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet - as of few days ago, don't expect anything other than 175 in the upcoming class drops.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet - as of few days ago, don't expect anything other than 175 in the upcoming class drops.
What changed? The recruiter told me there hasn’t been a 145 class in months anyhow.