Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Class Drop List

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by frieswiththat View Post
I can't offer first-hand knowledge but I have a trusted former colleqgue that recently finished training and provided some good insight so I'll share what I know. His e-mail to me posted with permission:

"Right now it is all direct-entry captains every class with a few FO exceptions, DFW based. That might change in 2 weeks. MIA is senior and ORD will be as well, for now. Everything is in flux right now with two major considerations in the company.... phasing out the E145 by the end of 2023 Q1, and gradually adding E175 PHX flying with the opening of the PHX base to be determined as more airplanes are delivered. They are committed to be a 200 airplane fleet so the growth is there. So many moving parts that nobody really knows who will end up where but the company has been as transparent as possible based upon the information they are given from AA for what flying needs to be covered. It sounds like once the company is satisfied that they have enough captains to cover the flying that American has given them, and they can get the E145 to E175 transition folks through the pipeline, the focus will turn back to cadets and FO hiring for those that need ATP-CTP. The training department right now simply cannot handle anything beyond getting captains on the line as quickly as possible and doing transition training.They are short instructors too. For someone that is a cadet and really wants to be at Envoy, just sit tight a few more months and they will be getting things in order. In the meantime it's critical coverage and everyone is maxxed out even on reserve."

My personal opinion on this pretty much mirrors the advice above. Sounds like Envoy is a great place to be right now so if you can stand a few extra months being put off by recruiting if you are low time. If not then there are plenty of options. If you are a DEC, this is probably a great option with all the money they are throwing at everybody. Everyone's situation is unique. What do those kids say nowadays, YMMV your mileage may vary or something like that. Trust me I'm no expert, I was teaching college students in a Florida CFI class and everyone wanted to go to Endeavor 6 months ago, but not so much anymore. Amazing how this industry changes so quickly.
Envoy will likely not see two hundred planes and the pilots to fly them for a LONG time, maybe never again. As the 145s go away, there are only limited numbers of 170s to replace them. Envoy has a total of something less than 30 either on property or in the works to acquire. Those won’t come close to replacing the number of 145s leaving. That leaves the end state currently at about 135 planes and as I’ve said, there just aren’t enough 170 made to have a significant number of them available.to bump up those numbers. AAG is pretty much scoped out on large RJs, meaning that more 175s are not possible without something drastic happening, like Mesa losing its contract. But since Air Wisconsin already has a contract to fly CRJ 200s, there is still capacity at other AAG FFD carriers.

And to add insult to injury, Envoy just announced it is stifling the flow. Most have the position that reducing the flow will have a reverse effect on attrition. They may save four a month to flow, but will likely push other off the ledge if they thought of staying.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Well, what have been the last three weeks of classes? I assume all still high time 121/DEC coming into class?
Old 10-24-2022, 02:27 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
Well, what have been the last three weeks of classes? I assume all still high time 121/DEC coming into class?
I was in the Oct 6 orientation. There was 50 of us I believe, almost all DEC. They spread our orientation between the Oct 31 classes and Nov 14th. I think a couple guys went to the 16th class, but were cadets. So I’m guessing at least the next two are almost high time 121. I might be wrong though!
Old 10-24-2022, 06:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 135HA420 View Post
I was in the Oct 6 orientation. There was 50 of us I believe, almost all DEC. They spread our orientation between the Oct 31 classes and Nov 14th. I think a couple guys went to the 16th class, but were cadets. So I’m guessing at least the next two are almost high time 121. I might be wrong though!
Did any actual classes start that day?
Old 10-27-2022, 12:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Sasquatched View Post
All of the CAs in that class that got awarded ORD got displaced to DFW.
Hello All,

The above was from a post on 06 Oct.

Has the list of domiciles awarded to DEC's updated since then, and if not, when is the next time that it will, please?

I'm guessing that DFW is still where most new DEC's are being assigned?

Many thanks.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by SGS233 View Post
Hello All,

The above was from a post on 06 Oct.

Has the list of domiciles awarded to DEC's updated since then, and if not, when is the next time that it will, please?

I'm guessing that DFW is still where most new DEC's are being assigned?

Many thanks.
Nothing has changed. The thing that allows DECs to be hired is a standing vacancy for captains and without a new vacancy being run, which likely won’t be until beginning of January, maybe December, as the last one was a month early, they vacancy shouldn’t change.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
Nothing has changed. The thing that allows DECs to be hired is a standing vacancy for captains and without a new vacancy being run, which likely won’t be until beginning of January, maybe December, as the last one was a month early, they vacancy shouldn’t change.
Thanks for explaining this! I was unaware as to how often the vacancy bids were run... but it (now) makes sense.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:14 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Looks like there have been maybe two classes since the last posting about base assignments. Anyone know what base/seat breakdowns were?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2022, 02:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Work2Live View Post
Looks like there have been maybe two classes since the last posting about base assignments. Anyone know what base/seat breakdowns were?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Since they have only been hiring DECs and the vacancy is for DFW, I’d venture there is a VERY high likelihood they are all DCL, DFW 175 captain, and if there were any not a DEC, DFL, DFW 175 FO.

Until a new vacancy comes out (possibly end of November, end of December more likely) and changes that, or they run out of DECs (the more likely to happen first) that’s what it will be.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

A class of 40 started yesterday 10/31. Only 175 DFW CA +FO and ORD FO offered.

8 DFL
3 OFL​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​29 DCL​​​​​​​