Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Class Drop List

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 04:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by NoSIDsNoSTARs View Post
Well, I was awarded one of the 12 MIA spots in FO new hire training. I have no idea why they gave me that, because they displaced the bottom 22 of us off the list and sent us to ORD. MIA is very senior right now, and it’s a small base compared to DFW.

In my two months there, I saw zero movement on the FO seniority list, so I think I’m gonna stay in ORD or go to DFW until I can line hold MIA.

I would not expect them to offer MIA to any new hires for the next year at least, unless some major changes happen. It’s just very stagnant.
Welcome to Envoy. I’m sorry.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2022
11/3 Orientation:
Roughly 50 of us. 20-ish Cadets, the rest DECs. At the end of orientation day, they announced that they would split the group up into classes 11/14, 11/28, and 12/12 based on seniority.
Orientation is once per Thursday. Class is every other Monday.

11/14 Class:
23 total. 18 Cadets, 3 DECs, and 2 equipment transfers coming back from long-term leave.
Only E175 was offered.

CA only offered DCL (Base-Captain-175).
FO offered DFL, OFL (Base-FO-175).

They didn't say how many slots were open in each base for the first officers, but 15 chose Dallas, 3 chose Chicago. Everyone got what they wanted out of the choices given. The re-treads got DCL.

Company says Miami hasn't been offered in class for a long time, but quarterly vacancies happen.

If you're waiting for the call, it seems that Captains usually get notified within two weeks of orientation starting, but could be shorter. FOs, expect 6-8 days of notice.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Great post. Thanks for the Info and good luck in class!
Old 11-24-2022, 06:08 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by Flyte View Post
11/3 Orientation:

Roughly 50 of us. 20-ish Cadets, the rest DECs. At the end of orientation day, they announced that they would split the group up into classes 11/14, 11/28, and 12/12 based on seniority.

Orientation is once per Thursday. Class is every other Monday.

11/14 Class:

23 total. 18 Cadets, 3 DECs, and 2 equipment transfers coming back from long-term leave.

Only E175 was offered.

CA only offered DCL (Base-Captain-175).

FO offered DFL, OFL (Base-FO-175).

They didn't say how many slots were open in each base for the first officers, but 15 chose Dallas, 3 chose Chicago. Everyone got what they wanted out of the choices given. The re-treads got DCL.

Company says Miami hasn't been offered in class for a long time, but quarterly vacancies happen.

If you're waiting for the call, it seems that Captains usually get notified within two weeks of orientation starting, but could be shorter. FOs, expect 6-8 days of notice.
Did anyone in your class get a break between indoc and BIA? I'm starting class soon and I'm a little confused about the training footprint as described in communications from the training dept. as it does not seem to match the docs we were given during onboarding (eg CBTs 10 days vs. 5 days, EPT 2 days vs. 3 days)

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2022, 08:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Work2Live View Post
Did anyone in your class get a break between indoc and BIA? I'm starting class soon and I'm a little confused about the training footprint as described in communications from the training dept. as it does not seem to match the docs we were given during onboarding (eg CBTs 10 days vs. 5 days, EPT 2 days vs. 3 days)

You will get multiple emails that explain all of this the week before indoc. I am sure every class is different. A lot of it depends on sim availability down the road.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:12 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Yes. You'll hear around day 3/4 of indoc week whos staying and whos gonna start about two weeks later. My class was split almost directly in half. 12 stayed the weekend to start long-term class, the others went home and are coming back soon. The email list is sent with all of the others in your class, and it's sent in seniority order. So if you're on the bottom half, I wouldn't advise driving to DFW if you live too far as housing isn't provided during the break. Housing IS provided if for the weekend if you get selected to stay. However, I would take all this info carefully to make decisions as it could be as few as the first 5 or so staying.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:34 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022

About 25 in the Indoc class that started 11/28. DCL, DFL, and OFL were the options on the table. About 4 took OFL, I think 1 DFL, and the rest chose DCL.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

About 25 in the Indoc class that started 11/28. DCL, DFL, and OFL were the options on the table. About 4 took OFL, I think 1 DFL, and the rest chose DCL.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what’s DCL, DFL and OFL?
Are you guys part of the New offer for the initial
bonus payment? If so, how that will be structured and paid against the rest of the standard bonus offered?
Old 11-29-2022, 02:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Bufalo01 View Post
bonus payment? If so, how that will be structured and paid against the rest of the standard bonus offered?
L=175
Dallas Captain L
Dallas First Officer L
O - Chicago First Officer L

Old offer spread out. I believe everyone else will be the new offer with the exception of the 12/12 class. We were all in the same orientation class.
Old 11-29-2022, 02:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Originally Posted by Bufalo01 View Post
Previous posts on this board say that the new bonus offer replaces all previous new hire bonuses, so pilots beginning training after January 1st will only be eligible for a $75,000 or $100,000 bonus if they have enough time. I can’t verify this but it makes sense. I expect certain retention bonuses will still be in play for awhile. Since the next class, December 12th, is full, it is likely that pilots hired now will begin after the new year.